Chapter 6

"Look," Arizona explains softly. "I know that this news is very sudden and terrifying, but we have got to act fast if we want a shot at saving the baby." "What about her?" Jackson snaps. "My wife, your best friend? How do we go about this without endangering her?" April whimpers softly and holds on to Jackson tighter. "Jackson, either way is risky." Stephanie inputs quietly. "Any option is. You just have to discuss it and pick one." Jackson sighs. "Well, personally, I think that if it was Dr. Herman's patient, we should get her input. No offense Arizona, but this is serious." "I understand," Arizona says softly. "However-" "However, no matter what my input may be, Dr. Robbins will be performing the procedure." April quickly looks to the door as Dr. Herman walks into the room. "Why?" Jackson declares angrily. "This is a very serious surgery and we need you!" "Personal reasons," Dr. Herman replies. "But, Dr. Robbins is an excellent doctor and one of your dearest friends. Don't you trust her? I would highly suggest the surgery." "Personal reasons?" Jackson cries. "You're a surgeon! Your personal reason should be you are invested in my wife and the well being of my baby!" "Jackson," April says with a sniffle. "I trust Arizona one hundred percent. She's a great friend of mine and I know that she only wants what's best for me and our baby. That woman was a different scenario and Arizona is going to do the absolute best she can." Jackson looks down at April and puts his hands on her face, tears rushing to his eyes. "But what if her best isn't enough to save you?" April looks down and leans against Jackson, now horrified. "Well," Arizona says softly. "We will give you the evening to think about it, but we need an answer by tomorrow. And April, we'll have to admit you for the night." April nods and snuggles closer to her husband. This was absolutely horrifying.