Chapter 15

"I told you that you'd make a great Daddy." Jackson quickly turns his head to the side where April was looking sleepily at him. A wide smile spreads across his face. "Babe," he says softly. "You're okay." April nods slowly. "Yeah, just really light headed." Owen weakly smiles and walks up to her other side. "You should be. You lost a lot of blood. Don't worry though, you'll be fine in a couple of hours." April weakly smiles and looks over at her husband as Jo and Stephanie begin to check on her stats. "Bring him over here," she says softly. "I wanna see him." Jackson sits down on the side of her bed and gently lays his arms down, allowing April to see him. "Aw," she coos softly. "He's so sweet! Jackson, he looks just like you." Jackson smiles at her. "He has your hair and your strength." April grins and gently strokes her son's head. "You can hold him too," Arizona says softly. "It will certainly calm him down. If Jackson's ready to give him up." Jackson grins. "Of course." He very gently places his son into April's arms as she instantly cuddles him to her chest. The small baby boy coos as he finds a happy place against April's chest, right above her heart. April smiles a wide smile and gently strokes her son's cheek. "You're a natural." Jackson says softly. "I was just thinking the same thing." Owen replies with a wide smile. "Congratulations April. And you too Jackson." Amelia says with a wide smile. Callie nods. "Yes, congratulations." April smiles at all of her friends and co workers. "We couldn't have done it without the support of all of you. You helped tremendously. Thank you all so much." Arizona smiles and looks at Jo. "How is she doing?" Jo nods with a smile. "She's doing great. Heart rate is picking up as is her blood pressure and the incision site is normal." Arizona smiles. "Great. Now let's check out the baby. Don't worry April, you can hold him while I do." April smiles and pulls the baby blue blanket down, exposing her son's small bare back. Arizona put her stethoscope to his back and listens carefully. "How does he sound?" Jackson asks concerned. The pediatric surgeon smiles and rests her stethoscope around her neck. "Good, and getting better. I'll be by to check on him every half hour, but don't be alarmed, it's just routine, which you know. And I'll send Edwards or Wilson by every hour to check on you." April smiles and leans back against the bed. "Thank you Arizona." "My pleasure. Also, I don't mean to rush it, but does he have a name yet?" April looks up at Jackson as he looks back at her. "Have you had any thoughts?" He asks. April nods. "Yes, I think we should name him Mark. He's the one that truly got us together, you know? Thanks to him, we're married because if what he told you before he died." Jackson nods as tears fill up his eyes. "Mark it is."