Chapter 11

Arizona works diligently and quickly. The bleeding was heavy, but it was going alright. It made things a little easier when she saw the baby too. A small smile formed behind her mask as she looked at Stephanie, Jo and Amelia. "Are you guys ready for the baby?" Jo nods with a wide obvious smile behind her mask. "Yes!" Arizona smiles. "Okay. Once it's delivered, take it to Alex in OR 2, okay? And then I need someone to go get Avery." "I'll do it." Arizona tilts her head to the side as he looks up at the gallery where Derek was standing. "Seriously," he says. "I think I could be able to help a bit." Arizona nods as she begins to pull the uterus farther apart to get to the baby. "Okay, just wait until I deliver and I'll tell you how she's doing." Derek nods. "Okay." Arizona reaches her hands into her wide incision as she wraps her hands around the small baby and pulls it out into the open. "Okay," Arizona says as she looks at her helpers. "Are you ready?" Stephanie and Jo nod as Jo takes the baby in her hands as Stephanie takes the scissors and Amelia gets the bassinet. "Cut." Arizona demands. Stephanie cuts the umbilical cord, but the baby boy doesn't cry. "Hurry." Amelia says seriously. Jo hurries the baby over to the bassinet and puts him in. Then, the three head over to the other OR. Arizona quickly jumps into action as the bleeding gets worse quickly. She throws lap pads into April's body and rips them out as they fill up with blood in a matter of seconds. Arizona begins to panic and shakes a little bit. "Robbins," Hunt's voice comes over the intercom. "Do you need help?" "Yes please," Arizona replies quickly. "And fast!" Arizona quickly looks up as Owen begins to leave the gallery. "But wait Hunt!" Owen quickly looks back. "Yeah?" Arizona swallows hard. "Bring some more bags of blood. We're gonna need as many as you can get."