Chapter 12 BALL 3

"Hey! Angel " I shouted shockingly.
I didn't expect him here.

He laughed.
"Angel?.. No. I'm.." he was going to continue while I stopped him.

"Devil?.. That's what you were going to say right?" I laughed. But there was no reaction from him. He stood there blankly. Did I piss him off?

"I wanted to introduce myself. Well... I can save it for later" he turned to leave. I got a hold of his hand.
"Wait!..."

He stared at me.

"I'm Cristelle"

Now he became calm. Maybe he doesn't like people touching him...?

"I'm azrael..." he smiled.
Wow. Such an adorable child. He looks like an innocent kid while smiling like that. No one would believe me if I told them that he gave me a cold stare a few seconds back.

So his name was azrael...

"Ahh! Thank you so much for your help that day... " I said.

He smiled back

He smiled back. Why is he always smiling?

"I'm going inside now. See you later." I said and left back inside the palace.
He just stood there watching me.
I can't guess what's on his mind...

I went inside. There the princess waved her hand at me. I did the same.
Suddenly in the hall, something happened. I don't know how to explain. Something like a circular path was created in the middle of the hall. Someone came out of it.
Angel? How did he come out from nowhere? I forgot he could use magic.
He could have told me that he could do high level magic like that. Then I needn't have to walk all the way inside. I could have teleported with him... I shrinked my eyes while looking at him.

But even in that crowd, he found me. He saw me, smiled and gave me a wink. What was that for? You adorable magician....

Everyone started talking about him.
"That's the cruel owner.... of the magic tower. I heard he's a psycho...."

"But he still looks good..."

"He's so beautiful. I wish he could be mine "

Wow. He's got so many rumors surrounding him. But it's really bad talking about people behind their backs. They're even calling him psycho. Poor angel...

"Greetings princess. It's been long... " azrael said to the princess.

" Yes... Thank you for coming asher", she smiled.

Oohh.... Are they friends? Asher?
But he said his name was azrael. Maybe it's his surname.

I'll just go to mom. It's boring to stand alone. I turned super fast, and got hit by something big.

"Ahhhhh..... My nose.. " I looked up.

"I'm sorry... Lady.. Forgive me" he said.

Oh that tall guy.
"Hi!it's you.... Clothing shop guy.. "

He looked at me surprised. He must not have expected such a greeting.
Haha.

" I'm Clyde. Son of duke whitesworth"

Oh I should introduce myself.

"I'm Cristelle elphine. Nice to meet you.... Again.." I smiled.

"Yes. Nice meeting you again too",
He chuckled.

"So earlier... was that you're mom?she looks beautiful. "

"Mom? "

"I mean mother? " I asked again.

" Yes. That's my mother.
Who did you come with?" he asked me.

"Me too. With my mother. "

That's it. I don't have any other topic to talk with him. Can I leave?
He looked like he still wanted to talk.
But I don't know what to talk with him. War? Family fights? His heroism? Contributions to the country?.....

He chuckled.

Looks like I frowned too much. My face would have looked more ugly.

Suddenly three women came to talk to him.
"How are you duke? We couldn't see you often.... "

"He must have been busy with the country's affairs "

"Yeah... Take care of your body duke"

What's this? Are they flirting right off the bat? I moved a little further. I wasn't interested in their speech. It looked like the duke didn't like it either. Sad.. I pity you buddy.
Then I'll go...

"Excuse me ladies... I'm on an important conversation with lady Cristelle here.... So if you'll excuse me.... "

He followed me right back. I got chills when the ladies stared at me.
What is he trying to do? He can escape if he wants... Why does he have to use my name.
*Hits forehead*

" Sorry for that interruption... " he said.

He's popular here, so I'm sure some girls will kill me outta jealousy....
Haaa... But I don't have any topic to talk with him now. I don't really know about much people here either.

I saw the princess looking in my direction. I waved at her to come join the conversation. I hope she understood what I meant. She got up as soon as she saw my signal.
Thank God she understood.

That's when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to look.

" Looks like you're enjoying? "

This annoying voice...... I knew it.