Chapter 14

I went back inside to my mom.
I held her hand and snuggled behind her back. I wanted to go back home.

      "Your daughter is so cute... " came a voice.

Who was that... I peeped from behind mom. It was a lady. A beautiful one.
Oh... Wait... She's Clyde's mom.

       I didn't know her name.. So I just blinked, so that she might introduce herself.

    "I'm  Lorraine Whitesworth. Clyde's mother..... " she smiled at me.

She's polite for a noble woman. And an influencial Duchess for that fact.

   "Ahh... I'm Cristelle elphine.. " I smiled back.

"You're such an adorable girl. It would be nice if Clyde had a friend like you"

    What! What is she planning.... Somethings' suspicious...

    "Haha... Thank you Duchess.... "
I smiled again.... Showing my most innocent face. But manners here are really tough.....  I showed a wary face without my knowledge.

    "You don't have to be too polite dear... I'm your mother's best friend after all. " She laughed.

    Oh! ... What... Best friend... That's nice. If we have some influential connections then others won't have a chance to bully mom and me.
Anyways.... they can't bully me now...
Hahaha...

I showed a big smile on my face.

  She chuckled at me.

Am I so funny? Why does everyone laugh at me? Even the Duchess?

Another laugh came from behind...
I turned back.

    "What's the reason for this pretty big smile? And why that shocked expression all of a sudden ", he laughed.

    "Ahh it's nothing..." I crossed my arms near my chest. So it was Clyde.

He smiled, then showed me something, which kinda made me drool.

..  My favorite.... Desserts!!!!!

  "Yay!!! Thank you sooooo much ", I
got it from him.

  My eyes sparkled as I saw it. I started gulping everything.

He and his mom were laughing at me.
Ahhhh...  My manners again...
*Face-palms in mind *

    "Elle dear... Calm down while eating ", mom smiled.

Suddenly a hand swiped across my face.

     It was Clyde... What was that for?
I kept my right hand on my cheek.

"Why're you surprised? You had some cream near your cheek and lip", he laughed. 

What the hell! Now I get why girls come running to him.... He's kind and considerate, which makes people get confused about his affection.

     I won't be affected by that though.
Hehehee.

    I smiled slyly.

"Why're you smiling like that ", he chuckled.

"It's nothing"

"You should come to our mansion dear. It's been long since your mother brought you. "she said.

"What", I exclaimed.
"I.. I mean.... I'm very happy to hear that madam. I mean Duchess.... Thanks for inviting me... "

     Clyde laughed again. I'm going to kick him, if not for his handsome face.

    " Why don't you come tomorrow? ", she said.

   What! But tomorrow.... The first day
of my job. But I can't refuse her. I need to have influencial people as close friends. That'll be advantageous for me and mom.

    "Yes.... Duchess... "

"I told you not to be too formal with me. Didn't I? "she said.

Haha. Yeah sure... I'm already talking
Informally.

    " The last time you brought Cristelle, when she was  8, she played well with Clyde. Hope they can be friends even now." she said to my mom.

    Oh! I see. I've met him once before, when I was young.
Looks like he's surprised too. He must have forgotten about it.

    I wanna go home.

" Mom .... Can we go home? I'm tired.... Pleeeeease?", I pouted.

" Sure dear" , she smiled.

"your daughter is so cute...I wish I had a daughter too....like Cristelle.. ", the Duchess said.

I smiled at her.

"How sweet... ", she commented.

I looked at Clyde. Why is he closing his mouth. Is he smiling at me again? How dare he!

     Wait.... Is he blushing? That block
can blush? . I laughed at him.  He saw me and turned his face away from mine. Hmph! No one can resist my cute face.... Hehehee.
      Here... Take my cutesy attack... Haha...

    Both mother and son laughed.

"I'll take my leave then Duchess Whitesworth.. ", mom said. And I did the same.

----------
*Timeskip*

     My dear bed.... I'm coming  >_<
    I jumped on my bed. Atlast...... After this tiring day... I'll sleep.

     Attending a ball is more tiring then attending classes. In my last life, I would sleep nicely even in class.
Haha. I've got lots of guts... Those were my acts of bravery.

       All I want now is a good sleep.
I closed my eyes.