Chapter 23

*Might contain some scenes which are inappropriate for children... *

____________________

Clyde's pov:

In the morning,

           Last night Cristelle called me.
She told me to bring some soldiers to her mansion. But she didn't tell me the exact reason.... Is she in some kind of problem? She was shivering a little when she told me this yesterday.
      She said I had to bring the soldiers to arrest someone though. But who...?

Fine then.....,
   "Soldiers... We need to go to count elphine's mansion right now. I explained the situation to you all right...? "

"Yes, sir Clyde ", the soldiers answered.

We were on our way to her house, while I felt the crystal vibrating.

I held it. It was her voice.... She was flustered.

"Come...... Come soon..... Please..... If you don't come soon, I might die...... Ahhhhh!"

   What's wrong? Why is she crying ? Die... ? What situation is she in?

"Go fast...! ", I ordered the soldier riding the horse.

Atlast we reached her mansion.
I didn't have time to introduce myself to the guard outside. I opened the gates and went inside. The other soldiers who were with me, explained the situation to him.
    I rushed inside..... But I didn't know where she was.....
"Search everywhere! ", I said to the soldiers.

I went upstairs with some.

I heard a cry of pain. Yes.... It was from that room. I ran there....
I was shocked to see what was before my eyes.

   "You....came... ", she smiled at me. I didn't know what to do.... Seeing her like that. She was about to faint. I ran and caught her before she could fall on the floor.

      She looked like she was beaten and was worn out. I was confused on what to do. My mind went blank for a moment. I took my sword, and pointed at the guy who had a whip. It must have been him.

     "You did this to her,right? "

"What.... N..no....it wasn't me.. ", he answered.

"Tell me the truth.... ", I was so angry I didn't know what to do. I pierced his neck a little. He got a scratch from that. He knelt down begging me not to kill him.

    "It was brother lenin... We told him to stop hitting Elle... But he wouldn't listen ", Cristelle's stepsisters said.
And this lenin guy stared at them both.
     " Don't lie!! You all supported me too...! ", he shouted.

"Arrest him for harassing and torturing a lady...", I said. The Soldiers then took him away, as he was shouting all the way down.

        His mother came running now.
"What did my son do? ", she shouted.

   "Tried to kill your stepdaughter", I said and then the soldiers took him.

I then carried Cristelle to my carriage. I need to bring her to the Medic immediately.....

    "It hurts..... "

She's even mumbling in sleep. Hitting with a whip..... And a fragile girl at that.....

    What should I do?

"Go to the imperial clinic right now! ", I said to a soldier.

   I called the princess using my communication crystal to ask her about this. She said to bring Elle there immediately.