Chapter 40

"Can't I stay for a bit longer? I won't do anything to you.... ", his eyes looked towards the window.

Does he really like me so much?..... Or is he planning to murder me secretly?
Haa... What am I thinking....

"Fine ray", I gave a smile.

He looked happy like a child.

What's with him? He acts weird most of the time.

"Sit here on the sofa... I'm gonna sleep. You can leave whenever you wa... ", before I could finish, I received a back hug.

"Are you angry with me? ", ray asked in worried tone.

What?
"No... ray"

"Then why are you treating me coldly all of a sudden? "

"That's... "

"I'm sorry... I won't touch you without permission.... So... Don't talk coldly to me..... ", he said.

Ray..... That's right..... He grew up alone with.......very less affection....
He's more and more like a child nowadays....

"Ray...I'm not cold to you.... I'm sorry if I sounded like that... ", I said.

He suddenly vanished.

Looks like I did something wrong....
*Sighs*

____________

Ray pov:

"Master azrael... We've got the information you've asked of... ", one of my assistants said.

So he got it atlast....

"Hmm... "

*Checks the papers *
I was sure that he was the one who did it....
   But why did he not take the throne?
It's too confusing....

"What about my brother? ", I asked the two standing in front of me.

I assigned them for my personal investigations.

"We couldn't.... find anything sir.... ", he looked apologetic.

The only thing I could find about brother was that he's in the same country as me.
    According to what I've thought of.... He must be around 19-20 years old.
So I filtered my search..... And got about 250 candidates..... But I'm still not sure whether he's in the village or living as a noble....

*Sighs*

"Fine. You'll can leave ", I said as I got up from my chair. I kept the papers just like that on the chair and left to my bedroom.

I lied on my bed.

That person.... Where must he be? Is he alive or dead..... If he is alive, then I need to find him soon..... And destroy every proof of his existence....

I'll kill him....

"Rayyy!!!! Help me! "

"Cristelle! "
"Leave her bastard! ", I shouted.

"Ahhh!!!! "

He smirked as he pierced her with his sword.

He then removed the sword from her and walked a little forward.

I ran and caught a hold of her.
"Cristelle!! Look at me! Please.... ", I cried.

"Wow... She's dying the same way  your parents and brother died.. ", he laughed.
"Maybe everyone who loves you will be cursed.... "

No... Stop laughing.... It's not my fault... No... It's not!

"I missed in killing one, from that family... I should have killed you at that time.... It not for your damn brother..  ", 'that person' said.

"I'll kill you! ", I shouted at him.

"You're not powerful enough ", he laughed.
    "So just die now.... Instead of killing others "

What? I killed them? I killed Cristelle?
No it wasn't me!
I grabbed my head in desperation.

Cristelle opened her eyes slightly.
"Criste.... "

"Why did you kill me ray? ", she asked me holding my collar. She was still in my arms.

What? No.....

Her hands dropped down to the floor.
I felt an overwhelming feeling all of a sudden. I felt like something was emerging out of the ground and holding onto me. Now it penetrated deep inside....

*Opens eyes *

"No!!!!! ", I shouted,
       as I woke up from my dream.

Dream..... No. Nightmare.... These days I'm getting too much of those.

A tear rolled down my cheek.

Ha... I'm crying....

"Master is something wrong? ", My butler came rushing in without knocking.

He looked at me with surprise.
"Your hair...? "

What...
I looked in the mirror.

My hair was black...
Oh that's right. They've not seen me with black hair and red eyes.

But wait.....
Why is my hair longer?

I touched to feel my long hair....
It was long. I'm not dreaming this time...

" It's nothing... You can leave.... ", I said. And he walked out of my room, in hesitation.

What's up with my hair.... It's so long, that it's covering my entire back.... Should I cut it now?

*Snaps*
*Looks in the mirror *

My hair..... Now it's back to normal....it's short now.. But black.... Not silver.

Is it morning already ?
*Sighs*

I called for my butler.

"I'll be continuing my investigation today.... So I'll be going to back to my country for a while.... I'll come within 2 days ", I said to William, My butler.

"Yes master ", he said and left the room.

_______________

Cristelle's pov :

It's already afternoon now....
Ray didn't call me... Is he angry at me?

*Sighs*

I have no work today. Today's a day off...

"Cristelle, can I come in?" , someone Knocked the door.

It's mom...
"Yes mom ", I replied.

She came inside.

"Cristelle.... I wanted to talk to you about this earlier.... ", mom hesitated.

What's she gonna ask me about?

"What is it mom? ", I asked.

"That's... You're eighteen this year. So I was planning to search for a good bridegroom for you. "

"Ha? What? ", I stared at her in surprise.

"That's what I came to inform you about",mom said.

"Mom.... But I'm still eighteen? "

"Girls start to get married at eighteen dear.... You can just get engaged at the moment. We can hold a marriage banquet later ", mom smiled.

What? Do girls get married this early here?

"But mom.... "

" It's ok dear.... I'll help you find a good fiance... ", mom said.

That's not what I'm trying to say..... I think I already like someone else.

She smiled and ran out of my room.

Huh? What just happened now?

Fine whatever...... I'll just have to come up with a plan... I need to inform ray though.

I tried to contact ray with the communication crystal. But he didn't pick up.

Is he angry? Or is he really busy?

I'll apologize once I see him. But still I don't know what I did wrong though....?