Chapter 15

Is it morning already? Hmmmmm....
I don't wanna get out of my bed.

"Get up dear! You have to go to Duchess whitesworth's house today ", mom came running towards me.

  Oh shit! Yes! Thank God I informed
Jacelyn while coming back home yesterday. I had to leave the carriage.. and run to the shop. Jacelyn looked shocked seeing my sudden arrival.
It was late. I had a cloak on me, so she might not have seen the dress properly. Then she might have been more shocked. Haha..... I came back running to the carriage. Mom was worried too. I told her I had to get something important and just ran off.
Sorry mom....

    I got ready as fast as possible. And I ran to the carriage panting heavily.
Oh my... Hope I didn't sweat a lot. Ha....

   Before I could enter the carriage, I had to see that concubine Lady's face.
*Sighs *

   "Where are you going?" Lady rosetta asked..
    If I tell her she might send her two daughters with me... I don't really care about that. But I don't wanna lie for such a trivial matter.

  "I'm going to Duchess whitesworth's mansion. She invited me to come today as her guest. ", I answered

   "What! How could you be this selfish? Not telling me and your sisters about this! " she said.

    "Take your sisters along with you! Understood?? " she shouted.

    See.... I told ya. She would say this.
I was picking on my ears, ignoring what she was saying. My mom rather looked disgusted by her attitude.

So atlast... I was in the carriage.... With my two stepsisters... *Sigh*
Why in the world are they wearing so much jewellery? Isn't it heavy?
And what's with that grand dress....

     We then reached whitesworth's mansion. It looked marvelous. Wahhhh.... So big....

    I said my name and the guard allowed us inside. We were taken inside by a senior knight. He looked kind. He was talking with me all the way inside. While my two sisters  were watching the mansion excitedly.

   When we reached, Duchess Lorraine came to greet us. She looked at me a little confused.
     Oh she must be confused about them. My sisters...

   "They are my sisters. Lily and lisanna. Sorry for bringing then without notice. I'm sorry... ", I said.

   "It's ok dear, come inside", she said and took us inside.

    I saw the Clyde running excitedly.
He came towards us. I chuckled.

"Why did you run? ", I laughed.

"I didn't run... What are you telling... ", he argued back.

     Soo cute. He's like a child.

   "Don't be rude to the young duke Cristelle. Don't embarrass our household", lisanna said.

The duke looked behind me. He was literally staring. "They are my stepsisters", I said.

" I know", he said. He sounded a little cold. Did I do something wrong?
Maybe it's because I brought them without notice.

   "I'm sorry cly... Young duke",  I said not knowing why he was like that.

"Why are you apologising? I've seen them at the ball. That is why I said that I know them. "

   Really? Was he not angry? I must have misunderstood.

"Come. Let's sit and talk.", the Duchess said. 

"Hey... Call me by my name. You don't really have to mind the formalities... You know.... ", Clyde said in a silent tone so that no one might hear him.

   "Yes", I chucked.

"Wait.. Clyde, show them around the mansion", Duchess said.

"Yes mother. "

    He then showed us around the mansion.... While my so called sisters were openly flirting with him. But he didn't even care.
*Sigh*

     Then we came to the guest room, where the Duchess was waiting for us.

    She was sitting on the sofa. She called me to sit near her. I walked slowly when my sister overtook me and sat there. What the....
   Lily sat at the sofa opposite to the sofa in which Duchess and lisanna were sitting. And then she looked at Clyde, expecting him to come sit over.
    As if.... He would never bat an eye to any lady, according to the rumors.
Haha....

    I sat on the cushion chair near the sofa. It was more than comfortable for me.
     But I didn't expect Clyde to come sit next to lily. I don't care anyways....

      He sat to the right of lily. Which is next to my chair.... And then he smiled. What is that smile for?....

We spoke for a while and I was bored easily. My sisters were boasting about their talents....and what not.. Even the Duchess looked awkward...

  "Duchess... Can I take a walk at your garden?  It's so pretty.... ", I asked.

"Yeah sure dear ", she said and turned to her son.

    He nodded at her. What are they signaling at?
He followed me back.

   I went near the door and walked off. He was still following me quietly.
"Why're you following me now? "

  "Isn't this my house? "he answered.

What the... What kind of childishness is this?

    I took a slow walk in the garden. And after a few moments I went back inside. He came with me.

   Why is he silent now? Can't he talk something... It feels weird...

  " Hey,... You didn't show me your room when you showed around... ", I said.

   He looked a little surprised.

"You want to see my room? ", he grinned.

   "Why? You can't show me...? It's ok.. As if I care.... ", I sulked.

  He smiled. "Come... This way ".

I followed him. He stopped..
"This is my room... Happy now? "

"Wow.... Nice..... ", I looked around.

"Nice bed you got there buddy! It's even softer than mine... ", I smiled as I laid on his bed.

    He looked like he had to tell something

"You know..... You shouldn't just enter a man's room like that.... And most importantly..... ", he pointed at his bed.
   " Lay on his bed like that.... ", he grinned evily.

  He's making fun of me...

  "Who's the man here? I can't see anyone like that here.... Can you see anyone Clyde?", I pretended to search.

     He's just a kid. A kind kid at that.
As if he would do somethi....

Suddenly I was pushed back on the bed, which made me lie comfortably.

That's not what I should be thinking??!!!

" Hey! What're you doing, pushing me back like this? ", I shouted.

   He then brought his face a little closer...

    "Can you see a man right now Elle... ? "