Chapter 21

*Might contain some scenes which are inappropriate for children... *

____________________

   "Th.. Thank you for... com..coming ... even if yo...you...wer...late.....", I brought myself to thank him. Bringing the words out of my mouth was very hard. My whole body ached.
I lied down on the bed again.

      What should I do? I can't just tolerate all the harassment they do...
I need to think of a way...

     I need to go out first. I got myself up and got ready, to go out.

     I went down the stairs. All those four were giggling and having a nice talk. I was filled with anger now...
I ignored them and made my way out.
It was really hard to walk. That bastard hurt my legs too. If only....this body was strong...and didn't fear him or the whip..... I would have knocked him out in a few seconds...

     I went to the cafe. Jacelyn came running to me.

   "Hey.. are you alright? You don't look good Cristelle.... ", she looked worried.

"It's nothin... I got hurt a little bit.. "

"Little bit? Doesn't seem like that... ", another voice came from behind.

I turned to greet the person...who had a familiar voice.

   " Hmm....hi Clyde... How are you? "

"Why're you avoiding the conversation now? ", he asked.

Jacelyn looked surprised. She must be shocked to see me talking informally to the young duke. *Sigh *

"It's nothing.....young duke ", I said.

"Don't lie..!" , he grabbed my hand in a haste.

"Ahhh! ", I shouted.

He let go of my arm the next second.
"I'm sorry... If I had hurt you... "

"Cristelle... You don't look well. Take some break. You can come for work after you're alright... Take care of your body.....please.. ", Jacelyn said.

  she's genuinely worried about me.
"Thanks jace... "

Even strangers are kind to me..... But my so called family....... Tries to torture and kill me.....

I then left the shop. Clyde followed me.

  "Why're you still following me? ", I looked at him with my lifeless eyes.

"I'm worried.... "

He's worried about me too.... I'm happy to hear that.

"Let me take you to the imperial clinic... Come with me ", he said.

"No... It's ok ", I said.

"It's not ok!  Come with me... ", he pulled me to the clinic.

     Imperial clinic was for people of very high status..... I mean only the royal family, and the dukedom with highest status can go there...... Why should I go?

"Edward.... Treat her! ", Clyde ordered a man there.

   "Hey.. Hey! I'm not your servant Clyde.... I'm the chief doctor here... ", he looked at him. Then he looked at me and asked... "Who's this pretty lady? Your lover? "

What? Lover?

"No... I'm his friend ", I said in a hurry. What if he misunderstands too?

He chuckled.

"Oh.. I'm sorry.... But Clyde.... We can't treat other families.... ", Edward said to Clyde.

     "She told you..... She's very close to my family. Just treat her... ", Clyde said.