Chapter 2: Natsu's Decision

Lucy hummed as she walked along the edge of the river to Fairy Tail. It was a beautiful day, and she was happy, for now. She summoned Plue, and held him in her arms. "We're going on a trip Plue!" Plue just looked at her, shaking like usual. "Natsu says it pays 100,000 jewel! I'm just so happy to be going somewhere! I feel like I haven't left Magnolia in ages!"

Lucy stopped and stood in front of the guild hall. She sucked in a breath before opening the doors. Almost immediately, Gray flew into her. "Ahhh!" She screamed. "Gray!"

Gray barely looked at her as he charged Natsu. "Oh, sorry Lucy! I didn't see you."

"PUT ON SOME CLOTHES!" She shouted. Lucy groaned as she slumped over the bar. "Mira, I can't handle it anymore. They're going to drive me to a heart attack."

Mirajane giggled. "Aw, Lucy, cheer up! I heard Natsu found you guys a job!"

"Yeah, hopefully it's an easy one." Lucy stared at Natsu and Gray fighting. "They never stop, do they?" She rolled her eyes. Mirajane just giggled.

Suddenly, the guild got silent. Lucy didn't even have to turn around to know it was Erza.

Erza looked directly at the two boys. "Stop fighting." She demanded, coldly. Both the boys shook in fear at the sight of the red-headed Mage. Erza approached Lucy.

"Good morning, Erza." Lucy said, calmly. Erza sat next to Lucy. "Good morning."

"Are you excited to go on the job later?" Lucy asked.

"Didn't Natsu tell you?" She took a bite of strawberry cake.

"Tell me what?" Lucy was confused.

"We're leaving tomorrow." Erza said.

"Seriously?! But I already packed!" 

Erza shrugged. "Sorry, Lucy, that's just what he said."

"I'm going to kill him..." Lucy stood up, marched up to him, and grabbed his scarf, dragging him outside.

"Oy, Lucy! What are you doing!?" 

"Why didn't you tell me we were leaving tomorrow instead of today!" She dropped him.

"Ouch! I'm sorry, I didn't think it was that big a deal..." He scratched his head.

"I already packed and stuff!" She fumed.

"Geez, calm down Lucy. You on your period or something?"

"What? NO!" She kicked him.

"OW!" He stood up and grabbed her shoulders. "Lucy! Chill out!"

She took a deep breath. "I'm sorry...I was just really looking forward to this job."

Natsu smiled. "I know. The only reason we're leaving tomorrow is because I have to take care of something." 

"Oh? What are you doing?" Lucy asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Sorry Luce, but that's confidential!" He grinned apologetically as he ran back into the guild hall. Lucy rolled her eyes and followed him.