Chapter 11: The Cloaked Man

"Get back here!" Gray screamed furiously at the cloaked man. "Ice make hammer! Ice make lance! Ice make prison!" The last spell worked and trapped the man. Gray panted as he caught up to the cage. "Damn, you're fast!"

"Let me out!" The man growled.

Gray smirked. "Not a chance. Now, who are you and why are you working with Zeref?"

The man grinned slyly. "Are you sure you want to know?"

"Either tell me or I'll force it out of you!" Gray demanded.

"Very well..." The man slowly removed his hood, revealing blue hair. It cascaded down his back.

"The hell?! You're a girl?! Wait...JUVIA?! I thought you died!" Gray's jaw dropped in shock.

"No, I didn't die." Juvia narrowed her eyes. "You guys left me behind!"

"I swear I didn't mean to! I couldn't find your body, so we assumed you had died!" Gray explained.

"Well, I didn't!" Juvia yelled, tearfully. "I searched everywhere for you guys, before running into Zeref. He said he could help me, but only if I brought Natsu to him. I agreed and he directed me back to Magnolia. I lied to Natsu, convinced him to come with me, and brought him to Zeref."

"You betrayed Fairy Tail!" Gray fumed, furious.

"You left me behind!" Juvia screamed. "Do you know how long I looked for you guys?! I didn't want to help Zeref, but it was the only way to find my family!"

"I'M SORRY, OKAY?!" Gray hung his head and cried. "I was overcome by the thought of you being dead. I should've tried to find you, instead of leaving. But the thought of life without you...it was just too much! I was overwhelmed with grief....I'm sorry..." He was shocked when a pair of arms wrapped around him tenderly.

"It's not your fault Gray...I understand..." Juvia sighed. "But you're absolutely correct, I betrayed the guild. When this is over, I will talk to Master and have him remove my guild mark."

Gray raised his head and looked her in the eye. She turned away at his intense gaze. He gently grabbed her face and kissed her. She was surprised by his sudden action, but kissed him back. After a moment, he pulled away and held her shoulders.

"Listen, you're not leaving Fairy Tail. I'll go with you and explain the situation to Gramps, okay? I'm sure he'll understand. You're not leaving, I won't allow it to happen." He said seriously.

She blushed. "Thanks, Gray..."

He squeezed her hand. "Let's go help the others, okay?"

She gulped. "Won't they be angry at me?"

"I'll explain the situation to them if we beat Zeref." Gray said.

"Don't you mean when we beat Zeref?" Juvia grinned.

"That's the spirit!" Gray smiled at her before taking her hand. They ran as fast as they could back to the cave.