Chapter 17: The Night Before

"Do you think I can pull it off, Erza?" Wendy asked as she brushed her hair.

"Of course! You've grown tremendously over the past few months. Besides, you're a Fairy Tail wizard which means you can pull anything off."

"You're so kind, Erza." Wendy blushed.

"You flatter me." She smiled at the small mage. Suddenly, her eyes lit up. "Before tomorrow, though, you need to eat up!" Erza shoved food into Wendy's mouth. "You need lots of energy for such an enchantment!"

"I'M GONNA DIE!" Wendy choked out.

"Erza, don't kill the poor girl!" Carla commanded.

Erza sighed. "Fine. You need to eat and sleep a lot, though. Understand?"

"Yes ma'am." Wendy's answer was muffled as she tried to chew the mountain of food.

"I know what'll help you sleep! I'll read you a bedtime story!" Erza clapped in delight as she dug a children's book out of her bag.

"Aren't I too old for that?!" Wendy sweat dropped.

"One is never too old for childhood adventures!" Erza patted next to her. "Come on."

Wendy complied and curled up next to Erza. Erza tucked Wendy into the bed with a motherly attitude.

"Ok, ready? Once, there was a little engine..." Erza read theatrically. Wendy snuggled against her and smiled.

-Lucy's Apartment-

"I'm fired up for tomorrow!" Natsu cheered as he danced around Lucy's apartment.

Lucy sighed and curled up in her bed. "Can't you guys go to your house?"

"But I like it here." Natsu pouted.

"Yeah, your room is so nice!" Happy said as he clawed her wall.

"Let's keep it that way!" Lucy groaned. Natsu sighed and jumped onto Lucy's bed.

"CANNONBALL!" He shouted, bouncing Lucy out of her bed.

"What the heck?!" 

Natsu grinned with his eyes closed. "Oops."

"Natsu! Get out!" She cried as she dragged him out by his scarf.

"Oy! Be careful!" Lucy kicked him over to the couch. 

"You can sleep on the couch." She huffed.

"Aww, but it's so uncomfortable!" He whined.

"Take it or leave it." She crossed her arms.

"Fine." Natsu curled up on couch, Happy laying on the table.

"You're so mean, Lucy!" Happy stuck out his tongue.

"You're the mean ones! Barging into my room!" Lucy gritted her teeth.

"Whatever." Natsu rolled his eyes and adjusted on the small couch. He promptly fell asleep. Lucy turned off the lights and looked at her pink-haired partner. 

He looks so cute when he sleeps. She smiled. She felt bad seeing him cramped on her small couch. 

Lucy sighed. "I'm gonna regret this..."

She hopped out of bed and went over to Natsu. She lifted him by his chest out of the bed.

"So...heavy..." She mumbled. She dragged him over to her bed and tucked him in. She placed a sleeping Happy on top of him. 

"Lucy...you're...so...sweet..." Natsu snored.

Lucy giggled and took the couch. She could handle its small size. She looked over at Natsu one last time before falling asleep.

-Outside of the Girl's Dormitory-

"Well, goodnight Juvia." Gray waved as they went separate ways.

"Wait!" He stopped walking and turned. Juvia tackled him with a hug.

"What's this for?" He asked uncertainly as he held her.

"I-I don't know..." She pulled away, her face scarlet. "Goodnight, Gray."

"Goodnight." His face was bright pink as he turned away. Juvia watched him leave.

I love you...