Chapter 20: Zeref's New Life

"Good evening, Natsu!" Zeref greeted cheerfully as he and Mavis entered the guild hall holding hands. 

"Evening." Natsu said without looking him in the eyes. 

Lucy nudged Natsu. "You should try being nicer to him. He's being very kind to you and the rest of us."

"I know, but it's hard." Natsu clenched his fist. "I still blame him for Igneel's death along with everyone's suffering."

Lucy laid her hand on his. "I understand, but he is your brother. You guys should build a relationship."

Natsu groaned. "Not in a million years."

Lucy giggled. "Oh Natsu, you're so negative!"

"He's also a moron." Gray butted in as he sat across from them.

"What did you call me?!" Natsu growled.

"A MORON!"

"You wanna fight?!" Natsu cocked his fist.

"Bring it!" Gray threw his shirt off. They fought each other, breaking tables and angering the other guild members.

"Hey! I want a piece of Salamander!" Gajeel jumped into the battle. Gray and Natsu welcomed him with a punch in the face.

Juvia sat across from Lucy. "How are you doing, Lucy?"

"I'm fine. It's still weird seeing Zeref, but at least he's a better person now. And he and Master Mavis are happy."

"I agree." 

"Good evening." Erza greeted, holding a plate of strawberry cake. Wendy tagged along behind her.

"Hey, guys. What's up?" Lucy asked.

"Not much." Wendy smiled. "Erza's on her 3rd slice of cake though!"

Erza grinned as she devoured her cake. Juvia chuckled. "How are you feeling, Wendy?"

"I'm still tired, but it was worth it!" Wendy said as she watched Zeref and Mavis chat happily.

"You're still tired?" Lucy frowned, concerned. "It's been a couple of days."

Wendy shrugged. "I used a lot of magic. I'll be okay."

"You need to rest!" Carla said. "You exhausted yourself with that enchantment!"

"I'll be fine!" Wendy sighed.

Suddenly, Natsu flew into Erza's back, causing her face to smash into her cake. 

"Oops, sorry Erza!" Natsu yelled as he sprinted after Gray.

"Gray, my darling, your shirt!" Juvia shouted after him.

Erza's face was covered in frosting and a dark aura surrounded her as she wiped off her face.

"You okay, Erza?" Lucy squeaked.

"Uh oh, Natsu made her angry!" Happy hid behind Lucy.

Erza grabbed a sword and charged into the fight. "YOU RUINED MY STRAWBERRY CAKE!" She hit Natsu into the wall, causing it to crumble.

"FIGHT ME ERZA!" Natsu grinned as his fists exploded in fire.

"FIGHT ME LIKE A REAL MAN!" Elfman shouted at Gray as he chased him around the guild hall.

"I HATE ALL OF YOU!" Gajeel yelled in frustration.

"Some things never change." Lucy sighed as she observed the guild hall.

"STOP IT YOU BRATS! WE JUST REBUILT THIS PLACE!" Makarov furiously crushed the fighters under his large fists.

Wendy giggled. "Master is gonna kill them!"