Chapter 21: The Wedding

"You nervous?" Zeref asked Natsu as they waited at the altar next to Mirajane, who was officiating the ceremony.

Natsu scoffed. "Course not."

"Yes you are. I can't believe my little brother is getting married!" Zeref exclaimed.

"You're getting married too, ya know." Natsu rolled his eyes. "And I'm not nervous!"

"Yeah, you are! You're all red! Don't worry, you look so handsome! Lucy's not gonna change her mind!" Mirajane giggled.

"You're saying she's only into my looks?!"

Suddenly, Canon in D started playing. Natsu gulped. Everyone stood as the wedding processional walked down the aisle: Carla and Happy, Wendy and Romeo, Levy and Gajeel, Juvia and Gray, and Erza and Jellal. Happy winked at Natsu.

"Dude, your face is on fire." Gray whispered to Natsu.

"I can't help it!" Natsu complained. Gray lifted his hand and cooled off Natsu's face, turning it back to normal. "Thanks, man."

"No problem."

"Don't mess up, Salamander." Gajeel smirked.

"You'll do great Natsu!" Romeo said encouragingly.

"All of you! Shhhh!" Jellal shushed as he gave Natsu a thumbs up.

The wedding march started playing. Natsu and Zeref exchanged looks. Makarov walked both of the girls down the aisle. The boys gaped at their future wives. 

Lucy was wearing a sleeveless trumpet style dress. She wore short white heels. Her hair was done up in a beautiful bun with a veil tucked in. She had on natural makeup with glossy pink lips. She wore small pearl earrings.

Mavis was wearing a poufy tea length dress with thin straps. She was barefoot as usual. Her hair was half up, half down with a long veil. She had no make up on except for light pink lipstick. She wore small pearl earrings.

Lucy made eye contact with Natsu. She blushed at his intense gaze. 

"Natsu! Close your mouth!" Gray hissed.

"You look like a trout!" Gajeel smirked.

"Yummy..." Happy drooled.

Zeref stared at Mavis. She smiled at him as she and Lucy stood across from their soon-to-be husbands.

"Please be seated." Mirajane said. "I'd like to welcome you all to the double wedding of Mavis and Zeref, and Lucy and Natsu. I can't think of a better place to have their weddings than the guild hall, where it all started. So many memories have been made here. It is truly amazing when one finds love, but even more amazing when they find the person who completes them. Both of these couples have that with each other. Shall we get started with the vows? Mr. Dragneel, go ahead."

Natsu stepped forward. "Luce, between going on missions or breaking into your apartment, I've loved every moment we've had together. You are truly the most wonderful girl I've ever met. You're brave, stubborn, and caring. You're always there for me. You light up the room with that beautiful smile of yours and warm my heart. I love you so much, soon-to-be Mrs. Dragneel."

Lucy grinned and stepped forward. "Natsu, you're the craziest guy I've ever met! You're reckless and love to fight! But you're also sweet and caring. You never give up and you're always there for others. Your toothy smile cheers me up and you always find a way to make me laugh. You're an incredible man, and I'm looking forward to spending the rest of our lives together. I love you."

"Awwww!" Mirajane giggled. "NaLu! Your turn, Mr. Dragneel."

Zeref stepped forward. "Mavis, we've been through so much together. Teaching you magic and dealing with our curses were the best days of my life! At least, that's what I thought. Now, these are. I was able to love again because of you! You made me realize what's important in life. You're loyal and sweet and brave. Just seeing you makes me happy! You bring me so much joy. I love you."

Mavis stepped forward. "Zeref, when I found out I was cursed, I was happy that you had it too. I had a friend to share my pain. More than a friend! We've been though some tough times together, but I wouldn't change it for the world! You're so kind and I'm so happy that you're happy! I love you!"

"You guys are gonna make me cry!" Mirajane sniffed. Happy handed out the rings. Natsu winked at Lucy as he slipped hers on her finger. "Natsu and Zeref, do you take Lucy and Mavis to be your wives?" 

"I do."

"Lucy and Mavis, do you take Natsu and Zeref to be your husbands?"

"I do."

"You may kiss the brides."

Cheers erupted through the guild hall as the two couples kissed.

"THEY'RE IN LOVE!!" Happy cried as he hugged his two friends.

"Congrats!" Team Natsu said happily.

"You kids are gonna make me cry..." Makarov wailed.

Natsu wrapped his arms around Lucy's waist. "I love you, Mrs. Dragneel..."

Lucy's nose wrinkled playfully. "Ooh, I forgot I'm a Dragneel now."

"What's wrong with that?!" Natsu frowned. 

Lucy kissed him. "Nothing. And I love you too."

-At the reception-

"This cake is so good!" Erza mumbled as she helped herself to another slice of wedding cake.

"Erza, you've already had 5 slices!" Jellal exclaimed. "Maybe you should save some for the others."

"Are you telling me what to do with my cake?" Erza arched an eyebrow.

Jellal gulped. "Of course not, dear."

Lucy put her arms around Natsu. "I've never been this happy."

"Me either." He replied.

"I can't believe you're married." Happy shuddered. "Now it's gonna be so weird."

"No, it's not." Carla contradicted.

"Wait, are you two gonna live together?" Juvia asked.

Lucy and Natsu exchanged looks. "Uhhhh.."

"Yeah! Let's move into Lucy's apartment!" Happy suggested.

"What?!" Lucy yelled.

"We practically already live there, so what's the big deal?" Natsu put an arm around Lucy.

Lucy groaned. "We're gonna have to lay out some ground rules..."

Gray grabbed Lucy's hand. "Let's dance."

"Love rival...." Juvia muttered.

"Lucy's my wife!" Natsu fumed.

"You don't think I know that?" Gray rolled his eyes. "She's like my little sister."

"I'm not an object!" Lucy huffed as Gray pulled her onto the dance floor.

"Wait, Luce!" Natsu yelled. Lucy shook her head at him and curtsied to Gray, who bowed. He danced a waltz with her. Natsu watched jealously as he watched the two laugh. Suddenly, he felt a tug on his sleeve.

"Uh, Natsu? Will you dance with me?" Wendy asked shyly. "I wanna learn..."

"Sure!" He grabbed her hand and waltzed with her. She stood on his feet as he taught her the steps. "You ready to try now?" Wendy nodded enthusiastically. They danced, with Wendy making very little mistakes. Lucy winked at him as they passed each other. Natsu's face brightened at the sight of Lucy's forgiving one.

"That's cute." Gray grinned as he saw the two dragon slayers dance. Lucy nodded.

They clapped when the song ended. The two couples stood at the front of the room. "Thank you for coming! Have a great night!" 

Everyone clapped and whooped as the two couples left.