Chapter 10: Saving Wendy

Erza stopped outside of the cave and checked Wendy's pulse. "Wendy? Can you hear me?"

"E-Erza? Carla?" Wendy muttered, her eyes closed.

"How's her breathing?" Carla asked worriedly.

"It's weak, but Wendy's hanging in there." Erza replied. "Can you fly over to the cart and get me a first aid kit?"

"Of course." Carla obeyed and flew off.

"Stay with me, Wendy..." Erza cradled the young girl in her arms. She hummed a lullaby to calm herself and Wendy.

"Erza! Catch!" Carla tossed her the first aid kit.

"Thanks." Erza began cleaning Wendy's wounds. "Do we have any medication we could give her?"

Carla dug out a bottle. "This is a healing potion Wendy made a while back."

"Erza?" A small voice trembled. Carla and Erza gasped and stared at Wendy.

"Yes, Wendy?" Erza's brow furrowed.

Tears leaked out of Wendy's eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm so weak, I couldn't stop Zeref from hurting everyone. I broke my promise, I didn't protect you. I'm sorry." She hung her head in shame.

Erza grabbed Wendy's hand. "Wendy, you were very brave back there. You held your own against Zeref, and hung on to your life. You didn't break your promise. You were targeted by Zeref, that's not your fault. But you did save all of us by taking the fall. Thank you..."

Carla sat on her chest. "Wendy, that was very foolish of you, but I'm glad you're okay. I don't know what I would've done without you. You're my best friend."

Wendy smiled. "Thanks..."

"Now, drink this!" Erza poured the potion down Wendy's throat. Wendy gagged and made a face.

"Is it working?" Carla asked. Erza nodded. Wendy's bruises and cuts began fading away. Soon, she could sit up.

"Thanks guys." Wendy smiled in appreciation.

"Are we ready to help Lucy and Natsu?" Erza asked.

Wendy nodded. "Of course! I've never felt better." Carla smiled at her.

"All right, let's get moving!" Erza cheered.