Chapter 22: Epilogue

-1 year later-

"Come on, Natsu!" Lucy grabbed his hand. "We gotta go!" She led him to their float for the Fantasia parade. Gray, Erza, Wendy, Juvia, and the two exceeds were already there.

"You're late." Erza sighed.

"Sorry, I had to find Natsu." Lucy said sheepishly.

"I was just getting something to eat." He grumbled.

"Such a pig..." Gray muttered.

"What'd you say?" Natsu glared at him.

"No fighting." Erza banged their heads together. "Today's about celebration!"

"Here here!" Carla exclaimed. 

"Aye sir!" Happy cheered.

Lucy took her place beside Erza and Wendy. "I hope I don't forget the routine."

"Lucy, I have something to tell you." Erza whispered.

"Yeah? What is it?" She asked curiously.

"Is everyone in place?" Makarov asked as he approached.

"Yes, we're ready whenever you are." Erza replied.

"Good." He gave a thumbs up to Mirajane. Their float started to move slowly.

"Oh no..." Natsu and Wendy groaned. Makarov hurriedly waved at Mirajane to stop the float.

"Troia!" Wendy chanted. She and Natsu were instantly better. "Ok, now we're ready!"

The float resumed moving. The girls started their dance routine. Natsu did cool tricks with fire. Juvia and Gray made enchanting decorations out of water and ice. Carla and Happy threw candy into the crowd.

"What were you saying?" Lucy whispered to Erza.

"Right. It finally happened!" She squealed. 

"What finally happened?"

"Jellal proposed!"

"Yayyyy!" Lucy cheered, clapping her hands together. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Lucy! The dance!" Wendy frantically whispered.

"Oops." Lucy resumed her routine. "Can I be a bridesmaid?"

"Of course, you and Wendy shall both be bridesmaids!"

"And Juvia too?" Juvia arched an eyebrow.

Erza nodded. "The more, the merrier!" She beamed as she twirled her ribbon through the air.

"What's wrong with Erza?" Natsu asked Gray.

"I dunno. She's happier than usual." Gray shrugged, shirtless.

"Dude, put on a shirt! You're gonna scare the kids!" Natsu scolded.

"Just focus on doing your job, pyro." Gray glared at him.

"Gray! Erza said I can be a bridesmaid at her wedding!" Juvia said happily.

"Bridesmaid?" Gray looked at her in confusion.

"Wedding?!" Natsu yelled. "Oy! Erza! You got some nerve not telling-"

Gray froze him in a block of ice before he could finish ranting. "Just shut up, Natsu."

Natsu melted the ice. "Now you've made me mad!" He threw punches at Gray. Gray fought back. Juvia jumped out of their way.

"Uh, Erza?" Juvia pointed at the two boys.

"Eh. Let them fight. It can be part of the entertainment." Erza shrugged.

"Huh?! What am I supposed to do?!" Juvia asked.