arguments

"Draco," Hermione sighed. "What do you want me to do?"

"I don't know anymore, okay?" Draco replied with irritation. "All we do is fight, and nothing can ever stop that!"

"Well, at least I'm trying to make this work!" Hermione shouted. "All you care about is appearances and holding up your name." She poked him roughly in the chest.

They stood in the living room in their apartment. The fireplaces casted warm shadows over the white walls and beautifully furnished room. Hermione's curly hair rested on her shoulders, her eyes streaked with tears. Draco looked worse for wear, but didn't let it show.

"I care about keeping our lives together and running smoothly!" Draco yelled, running a hand through his messy hair.

"I don't want to fight anymore," Hermione replied, her voice cracking with sadness. "I want to be okay again. You don't even seem to care anymore."

"I care about you," Draco shouted. "Don't you see it?" He gestured all around them. "I made the first move. I suggested we move in together. I proposed. I worked with you to make our dreams come true. I said I do. I loved you through everything and still do!" He sighed, his shoulders dropping and his voice cracking. "If you want to leave now, go. I refuse to sit here and ruin our lives over these things."

Hermione choked on her words. She slowly moved closer and wrapped her arms around his neck, crying into his neck. "I'm so sorry."

"I know," he whispered, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I'm sorry."

"We'll work this out," she sobbed. She jumped up, letting him catch the bottom of her thighs. "I promise."

He nodded, kissing her shoulder. "I know."