reunion

Mr. Malfoy and Mrs. Granger-Malfoy lay happily asleep in their beds, enjoying the warmth of the other and the coolness of the expensive sheets that Mr. Malfoy insisted on buying. Soon, a pecking awoke them, and he groaned, flipping over. The woman got up, opening the window to get the letter from the owl.

Her eyes quickly scanned it, and she chuckled quietly, crawling back into bed. "Draco," she whispered, kissing the back of his neck.

Draco grumbled, shooing her away as he replied, "It's eight in the morning, Malfoy."

"I told you to stop calling me by my last name," she corrected, pulling on his bare shoulder to get him to roll over.

He rolled back, facing her. His blond hair glimmering in the sun. "Alright, then. What is it, 'Mione?"

Hermione smiled in pleasure. "A letter has arrived. From Hogwarts."

"We graduated ten years ago?"

"A reunion ball. Hosted in the Great Hall. We must go."

"Why? So I can see all my wonderful friends that I speak to everyday?" he asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Come on, Draco," Hermione pushed in a soothing tone. "I haven't seen anybody in seven years. We disappeared a long time ago. I miss Harry, Ron, and Ginny. And I know you miss Blaise and Theo. I see your longing little looks at old pictures. We're going."

"Fine," Draco mumbled, leaning up to plant a kiss on her lips. When he pulled away, he asked, "When is it?"

"It starts at seven o'clock on December 28th," she read from the letter. "What do you say we give them something to stare at?"

"Darling, you must remember. Malfoys always look the best."

~~~

Three days after a wonderful Christmas filled with laughter, kisses, and presents, the two were getting ready. Well, one of them was.

"Draco? Have you seen the diamond necklace you got me for our five year anniversary? It goes well with the dress I'm wearing."

"Top left drawer on your side, darling," Draco replied, lounging on the chaise in their large bedroom. Hermione emerged from the bathroom, a towel wrapped around herself and her wet curls slicked down her back.

"Are you not going to get ready?" she asked, hands on her hips. All he had on were his black slacks and shoes, and he glanced lazily up at her.

"Why should I worry? I'm going to be the hottest one there anyhow."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Get your arse dressed or else."

"Or else what?" She narrowed her eyes at him, making him jump up to get dressed.

"Thank you." Hermione returned to the bathroom.

Around an hour later, she returned to the bedroom. She once again became breathless at the sight of her husband of five years. Dressed in a black suit with a white dress shirt, his hair messily gelled, and fine cologne radiating off of him, she felt her knees go weak like they did all those years ago.

"Hermione, are you almost-

He turned, catching a glimpse of her. He did a double take, not believing how well she looked in the candlelight.

Her dress was the silkiest black he had ever seen. The top was a corset, and it hugged her curves better than anything he had ever seen. Her shoulders were left exposed, and two small sleeves hung a few inches down from them, covering a small part of her arms. The bottom half still clung to her when she walked, but it flowed with her movements, stopping around her ankles. There was a slit in the side, trailing up her left leg, and stopping dangerously close to her hips. The diamond necklace hung on her neck, shining in their dim bedroom, and matching earrings hung off of her ears. Her curly hair was pulled back into an elegant updo, and a few strands hung out to frame her face. Since it was Hermione, she had light makeup on, but she still made sure that the important parts of her face shimmered with highlight. Her matte black heels put her forehead right at his lips, and he liked it that way.