hagrids class

"C'mon, now!" Hagrid's loud voice boomed. "A lil' closer. Less talkin' if yeh don't mind, either."

The students crowded around the large half-giant, waiting attentively as he spoke, "Now, I have a real treat fer yeh today. A great lesson. Follow me."

~~~

As the students arrived in the large, wooded arena, bounded off by stones a couple feet high, Hagrid's loud voice boomed once again. "'Right, you lot, less chatterin'! Form a group over there, an' open yer books up to page forteh-nine."

A blond boy rolled his eyes, raising up a large, furry book by a brown leather belt wrapped around the center. "Exactly how do we do that?" the boy, Draco, asked.

Hagrid turned around, replying in an exasperated voice, "'Ell just stroke the spine, of course. Goodness."

Draco brought up the book so that the spine faced him, running two ringed fingers down it as it purred in happiness. He eyed the large man, raising a perfect brow before following his green-robed friends.

The group passed a screaming boy who was greatly struggling with his monstrous book. "Don't be such a wimp, Longbottom," said one child to the boy in torn robes.

Three of the students went off to themselves, the girl of the group setting her contained book upon a boulder. Just ahead of her was a raven haired boy who used the palm of his hand to stroke the book, his open robe stretching as he did so. The third was a ginger haired boy, named Ron, with an unkempt appearance, who dropped his heavy satchel to the ground.

The girl, Hermione, adjusted her perfect robes, facing the boys to comment, "I think they're funny."

"Oh, yeah, terribly funny," a voice mocked from behind them. The three friends turned to face the blond boy, Draco, leaning up against a tree with his many cronies on either side of him.

"Really witty!" he continued, sneering. "God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my father finds out that Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes."

His male cronies laughed, Draco looking between them and joining in.

The raven haired boy, Harry, had enough, and decided to knock the boy down a notch. "Shut up, Malfoy," he demanded, striding towards him.

The boys cooed, looking at each other. Draco slid his satchel off and handed it to the boy on his right. As he did so, he tilted his head and smirked, his blond hair sliding over his eyes a little bit. He smiled cruelly.

Draco strutted slowly towards where the slightly shorter boy stood, eyeing him up and down and attempting to show his dominance. His lip caught between his teeth, making the girls surrounding the face off swoon as he winked in their direction. Hermione rolled her eyes.

Suddenly, the blond boy stopped, stuttering. "Dementor, dementor!" he shouted, pointing behind Harry's head. Everyone whipped around to see nothing but the surrounding forest, and Draco's group laughed cruelly.

When they turned back to them, the boys lifted the hoods of their robes over their heads. They acted a fool, pretending to be the joy-stealing creatures with 'oohs' and trembling fingers on extended limbs.

Hermione marched up next to Harry, grabbing his far shoulder. She turned him around, mockly sneering at the group as she pulled him back from them.

"Look at that!" Draco called. "Potty's girlfriend saving the day."

Hermione sighed with Harry, and the two did their best to ignore the blond bully tormenting their group with every step they made.

"You're supposed to stroke it," Ron mumbled next to them to the previously struggling boy.