life changing news

Hermione rubbed her lower stomach, caressing the invisible, soon-to-be bump. Today, she was going over to her lover's house with news. After slipping into a cream turtleneck, baggy blue jeans, and an oversized beige jacket, she quickly laced her white shoes up. The witch took to her bathroom, carefully putting on her grandmother's golden necklace and brushing her teeth. Her hair piled into a messy bun and clear mascara coating her lashes, Hermione apparated with her clutch in hand. Ready to face her best friend with some news.

She felt the plush rug under her feet. She had landed in the tea room, where her lover would often lay with her on the daybed and read stories with her.

"Draco!" she called, exiting the room and walking down the hall. She came to his bedroom, knocking on it.

"Granger?" the man answered. "Is that you?"

"Yes, Draco, it's me. May I-

"Come on in," he interrupted. She walked in, and he rolled off of his bed. "Hey," he greeted sheepishly.

Hermione smiled at him. He walked up to her, tilting her chin up with a lone finger to plant his lips onto hers. She never got tired of that feeling.

"How are you?" Draco asked her, leaning his forehead against hers.

"I'm doing great. Shall we?" she asked, gesturing to the bed. "I have something to tell you."

Draco slipped her beige jacket from her shoulders and she kicked her shoes off. The two sat down on his bed, facing each other. "Now, what is it?" he asked.

Hermione bit her lip. "Promise you won't freak out."

"I never freak out, Granger," Draco replied. "I trust you completely. Whatever this is, we can work it out. Okay?"

She nodded. "Here goes," she mumbled. Finally, she met his eyes.

"I'm pregnant. It's yours."

The grandfather clock in his room ticked eleven times before he finally whispered a reply. "You're pregnant?"

Hermione nodded, biting down on her lip anxiously. She cast her eyes onto the expensive comforter atop his bed. Her fingers wrung themselves nervously as she anticipated his response.

"Hermione, look at me," his voice told her. She slowly brought her eyes up, her head following the movement. "Are you scared of what I may say next?"

Hermione slowly nodded, embarrassed by her own thoughts. "I didn't know if you would get mad, or scared, or even do something reckless. It's a rather big risk, and I was-

Before she knew what was happening, his lips were colliding against hers. Shocked, she accidentally fell back onto his pillows with a gasp, breaking off his kiss. He laughed, immediately crawling to be on top of her.

"Now, do tell me why you think I would be anything other than happy?" he asked her, a serious expression briefly overtaking his handsome features.

Hermione, gazing up at him, asked, "Are you happy?"

"Happy?" Draco questioned with a laugh, a grin breaking out over his features. "I'm on top of the fucking moon! I'm going to be a father, Hermione! We're going to have a baby!"

He crashed his lips back onto hers, both finding it hard to kiss the other when their smiles wouldn't cease.

"I can't believe you thought I would be mad," he smirked when the broke apart, mock hurt feigning his expression. "And to believe I thought better of you, Miss Granger."

"Ah, what can I say? I mean, it's not like I'm scared I would be alone with a child."

"You'll never be alone. Not if I can help it." He leaned in closer to his lover on the pillow. "I mean seriously, I'm head over heels in love with you, we have a child on the way-

"Wait, say that again." Hermione sat, shock still, looking deeply in his eyes to search for a lie.

"What? That we have a child on the way?"

"Before that, Draco."

"I'm head over heels in love with you, Granger," Draco whispered, leaning his head against hers. "I seriously love you."

"I love you, too."

The two couldn't stop smiling as they, once again, found comfort in the lips of the other.