songwriter

Draco looked up from his bland, black coffee. It wasn't bland, but he found it to be. The song he performed had apparently 'blown up', but he was still so numb that he didn't notice.

"Mr. Malfoy," the stern receptionist called. "They're ready for you."

Draco stood, wiping the blotches from his weary face. He entered the room, ready to record it.

"Draco! How lovely to see you again!" a man by the name of Gary called, slapping him on the back. Draco forced a polite smile, walking away into the room.

Foam walls, carpeted floor, a set of headphones, a microphone, and a piano. All for him to record one song. Everyone he performed it for at a cafe loved it, so a record label called him in to produce it and release on both the muggle and wizarding radios.

He sat down, barely noticing as his slim fingers played a small tune.

"Whenever you're ready!" Gary called, standing at the desk behind the window.

Draco sighed, rosy cheeks and freckles flashing across his lids as his fingers began to play.

"I'm in my bed," his husky voice sang. "And you're not here."

Frizzy hair. A warm smile. An obnoxious yet beautiful laugh.

God he missed her.

"Draco!" a voice called. He looked up from his spot at the table, catching his mate's eye.

"You're famous, mate!" Blaise exclaimed. He sat across from him, ordering a coffee before looking back. "Have you not heard?"

"Famous is a fancy word for somebody who has only recorded a song, Blaise."

"No, Draco!" Blaise sighed in aggravation. "I mean that millions of people have streamed your song! All the radios are playing it! Everybody has heard it and they want to know who you are!"

"Let them know then," Draco sighed. "You're my agent. I don't care anymore."

He stood walking out of the shop, his bloodshot eyes glassy and unfocused.

Blaise scoffed as his coffee was sat down in front of him. "How rude."

~~~

"Hermione Granger!" Ginny called. "Don't make me drag you out of that office!"

"I'm coming, relax," Hermione replied, scurrying out of it with her coat and bag. She followed Ginny to the floo, straightening her blazer. Which was immediately messy again after arriving at Ginny's.

"Put the radio on," Ginny mumbled. "I'm getting the wine."

Hermione took her wand out, flicking it at the small, portable radio. The voice of a popular announcer came on, and Ginny shushed her.

"Now folks, is our newest hit! He is still anonymous, but his agent is to reveal him after this stream, which is the third hundred millionth this month! So enjoy the song, everyone!"

"Did you hear that?" Ginny asked. Hermione, in turn, shushed her as the song came on. Gentle chords filled the room, and a husky voice came over the room.

I'm in my bed
And you're not here
And there's no one to blame but the drink and my wandering hands

"That sounds just like-"

"Ginny, shut up."

Forget what I said
It's not what I meant
And I can't take it back
I can't unpack the baggage you left