Part 6

(Three days later)

From my perspective

The last few days have been quite a rollercoaster. There's been some romantic tension between Korra, Mako, and Bolin that's been hard to ignore. Bolin clearly had feelings for Korra, but things got complicated when Korra and Mako shared a kiss right in front of him. I ended up being caught in the middle of their drama, which was quite a mess to deal with.

All of this tension has taken a toll on the team's dynamics, but after our latest match, they all agreed to remain friends, which is a relief.

Right now, the four of us are heading to City Hall. Amon has declared his intention to shut down the Pro-Bending arena, and we're there to attend a council meeting about it.

We walk into the council room and Tenzin stands up, addressing Korra and me.

Tenzin: Korra, Y/N, I'm afraid this is a closed meeting. You shouldn't be here.

Korra: As the Avatar and a Pro-Bending player, I think I have a right to be present.

Y/N: I agree. Even though I'm not an Avatar, I'm still a Pro-Bender.

Korra: We can't just let them cancel the finals.

Tenzin: I understand that winning the Championship is important to both of you, but right now we need to prioritize the safety of the city.

Y/N: And what about the rest of you? Tarrlok, are you just going to back down from Amon?

Tarrlok stands up and looks at us.

Tarrlok: Surprisingly, for once, Tenzin and I are in agreement.

Tenzin: The Council has unanimously decided to close the arena.

Mako: You've got to be kidding me.

Bolin: This can't be happening.

Korra: I don't get it. Tarrlok, I thought you would be the one to stand up against Amon.

Tarrlok: While my determination to bring Amon to justice remains, I won't risk innocent lives for the sake of a sports event.

Despite our attempts to argue, it's clear that the Council's decision is firm.

Just then, Chief of Police Lin Beifong enters the room.

Lin: I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm with the Avatar on this one.

Y/N & Tarrlok: Seriously?

Korra: You too?

Lin: While I don't always see eye-to-eye with Tenzin, I think it's time for the benders in this city to show some strength against the Equalists.

She steps forward.

Lin: It's about time the benders unite and stand strong.

Tenzin: We must avoid escalating the conflict between benders and non-benders. The Council's decision remains the same, Lin.

Chief Lin assures that her Metalbenders will safeguard the arena against Equalist threats.

With this development, the arena won't be closed, and the Championship is still on.

Korra and I walk out of the meeting room with Tenzin.

Korra sighs.

Korra: Why does it feel like even when Lin is on my side, she's still against me?

She turns her gaze to Tenzin, seeking answers.

Tenzin: Lin and I have known each other since childhood, and our relationship has always been... complicated.