Book two: Chapter 4

Korra was absolutely furious about her uncle's actions that led to her parents' arrest. Determined to confront him, she headed over to speak her mind.

Korra: (Angry) This is a huge mistake!

Unalaq: (Regretful) I truly wish things hadn't escalated to this point. Your parents were indeed involved in meetings with the rebels, right within their own home.

Korra: (Disbelief) I can't believe you would go to such lengths against your own family.

Unalaq: (Defensive) Understand that I've appointed Judge Hotah to oversee the trial. I've always been known for my fairness and honorability.

Korra: (Urgently) Please, Uncle, my parents were not connected to those who attacked you.

Unalaq: (Casual) You may be right. Therefore, there shouldn't be anything for them to worry about.

Korra: (Hopeful) I truly hope so.

Just as the tense conversation was unfolding, Y/n burst onto the scene with his characteristic energetic entrance.

Y/n: (Excited) Whoa, whoa, whoa! What's with all the serious faces here? Did someone forget to invite me to the "Sad Party"?

Korra: (Smiling despite the situation) Y/n, you always know how to lighten the mood.

Y/n: (Grinning) Well, that's my specialty! But seriously, what's going on?

Unalaq: (Serious) We're dealing with a complex situation, young man.

Y/n: (Playfully) Ooh, sounds fancy! So, what's the verdict? Guilty of party pooping?

Korra: (Chuckling) Y/n, this is serious. Uncle here thinks my parents were involved with the rebels.

Y/n: (Surprised) Whoa, that's some heavy stuff! But come on, Unalaq, these are Tonraq and Senna we're talking about. They're as chill as a polar bear dog on a summer day.

Unalaq: (Sighs) I understand your concern, but evidence points to their involvement.

Y/n: (Thoughtful) Well, we should probably investigate more before jumping to conclusions.

Korra: (Appreciative) Y/n's right. We need to make sure we have all the facts straight.

Unalaq: (Nods) I will consider your advice.

Y/n: (Pumps fists) Great! Now, can we all agree that brooding isn't helping? Let's get out there, clear some minds, and maybe even grab some noodle soup!

Korra: (Laughs) You always find a way to make things better, Y/n.

Unalaq: (Smirks) Perhaps a bit of distraction wouldn't hurt.

As the three of them shared a laugh and started to plan their next steps, Y/n's infectious energy began to uplift the heavy atmosphere, reminding everyone that even in difficult times, a little bit of optimism could go a long way.

Next scene.

The scene shifts to the Southern Air Temple, where Tenzin is still on the search.
Tenzin: (calling out) Ikki! Ikki, where are you? Shoo! (Two ring-tailed winged lemurs land on Tenzin, annoying him.) Go bother someone else. You two are worse than Kya and Bumi.

Ikki: (cheerful) Okay, everybody here?

Tenzin: (relieved) Ikki! Oh, thank goodness.

Ikki: (Tenzin walks into a cave.) Juniper Lightning bug, paws off the table! (Cut to Ikki seated around a raised platform with four other sky bison calves.) This is going to be a civilized breakfast. Daddy always says a blessing before we eat, so ... (A calf stumbles over another.) Be quiet and listen up! (The two calves look at Ikki. Cut to Tenzin running to the entrance, but stops.) We are thankful for this super yummy food and for being the best-est new friends in the world. (Tenzin smiles.) But we are most thankful because Meelo and Jinora aren't here (Tenzin is saddened.), because they stink. (Tenzin frowns. Cut to Tenzin's point of view, where Ikki turns to see her father.) Oh! Hi, Daddy. I guess you found me. Do I have to go now?