Book three Chapter 3

On the deck of the airship, Bumi and Kai engaged in a lively session of airbending practice, capturing the attention of the onlookers.

Jinora: "Keep in mind, Uncle Bumi, stay light on your feet and be quick to evade."

Bumi: "Don't you worry about me, I've been in my fair share of scraps."

Bumi turns his attention back to his sparring partner.

Bumi: "Alright, since you're a bit on the small side, I'll take it easy on you."

Unbeknownst to Bumi, as he carried on with his banter, Kai smoothly slid down and launched a sudden burst of airbending, catching Bumi off guard and knocking him off his feet.

Varron: "Ooh! Now that's what I call a painful blow."

Nokara: "Absolutely, never underestimate your opponent's capabilities."

Bumi, still on the ground, groaned in discomfort.

Jinora hurried over to Bumi, extending her hand to help him up.

Jinora: "Uncle Bumi, take a moment to refine your stance, please."

Bumi: "Thanks, Jinora... Ugh, you're turning out to be quite the instructor at your age."

Jinora then directed her attention towards Kai.

Jinora: "Kai, exceptional job."

Kai's cheeks turned a shade of red.

Kai: "Oh! Thank you, Jinora."

Liyin chimed in with a playful tone.

Liyin: "Looks like someone's head over heels."

Kai responded with a slightly annoyed eye roll.

Kai: "Well, at least I'm not the one who throws a tantrum whenever a single strand of hair is out of place."

Liyin: "Oh, really? I suppose that's easy for you to say, considering your hair always looks like a mess."

Kai: "I don't mind getting a bit messy."

Liyin: "Of course you don't."

Meanwhile, Bumi distanced himself from the light-hearted banter, brushing off the dust from his clothes.

Bumi: "Hey, has anyone seen my wallet? Did I drop it somewhere?"

Kai had picked up Bumi's wallet, causing a bit of a stir.

Liyin: "Kai, seriously? We're beyond this, right?"

With a deft move, Liyin propelled herself and retrieved the wallet from Kai's hand.

Kai: "Hey!"

Varron: "Listen, kid, your airbending is seriously impressive. If you ever need some cash, just let me know."

Liyin handed the wallet back to Bumi.

Bumi: "Thanks, I owe you one."

Liyin: "No worries."

The group gathered on the balcony, their excitement building as the city loomed closer. The view from up high was truly breathtaking.

Korra: "My first diplomatic mission in Ba Sing Se. What's the Earth Queen like?"

Tenzin: "I haven't personally met her, but I've heard she can be quite... demanding."

Varron: "I'm sure everything will work out. I mean, really, how bad could it be?"

With an infectious burst of energy, Y/n (a spirited waterbender much like Bolin) joined in, exuding enthusiasm.

Y/n: "Well, if she's as strong as the ocean, I'm about as strong as a puddle."