Book 4 chapter 5

Faster than anticipated, Prince Wu was swiftly brought over to Mako and Bolin's grandmother's house for some much-needed toughening up. Mako took it upon himself to help the prince develop some resilience.

Wu: You know, there's something about being kidnapped that really motivates a guy to get his act together.

Nokara: (Smirking) Yeah, you've got that right.

As soon as Mako threw the first gentle punch at Wu, he was down for the count.

Wu: AHH! I wasn't ready! Wu down!

Nokara: (Rolling her eyes) Please don't tell me that's all you've got.

Yin: (Gasping) What's going on?

Yin hurried over to Prince Wu, concern etched on her face.

Yin: Mako, how dare you injure the Prince? (She turns to Wu) Would his royal highness like a refreshing cherry-berry lemonade?

Wu: (Slightly wounded) And maybe some of those sticky dumplings too.

Mako: Look at you. "Wu down" is your catchphrase. You're so weak.

Nokara: (Mocking) How pathetic.

Wu: (Defensively) I know, I'm a wimp. But it's not my fault. I was born that way. I'm not like you, Mako. I didn't grow up being raised by a pack of cops in the woods.

Mako: (Serious) You don't know anything about me, do you?

Wu: (Confused) Yeah, I'm drawing a blank. Why is that? How come I don't know anything about you?

Nokara: (Interrupting) Because you never bothered to ask, Prince Wu.

Wu: (Realizing his mistake) Well, I'm going to ask now. What's your favorite food, Mako? What's your favorite color? How long have you been dating? Has there been anyone before Nokara?

Mako: (Sighs) Yeah, Korra and I broke up a while ago.

Wu: (Surprised) What? Are you telling me that you dated the Avatar? Sit. You and I need to have a little gab session right now. How did you guys first meet?

As the conversation continued, Nokara observed the interaction, her curiosity piqued. She couldn't help but wonder how these two seemingly different individuals would find common ground and forge a deeper connection. The atmosphere in the room shifted, creating an opportunity for Mako and Wu to share their stories, their triumphs, and their struggles. It was a chance for them to understand each other on a more personal level, transcending their initial differences.

Apologies for the confusion. Here's the revised version, focusing on Mako and Korra's relationship during the flashbacks:

As Mako continues his story, the scenes shift to the events he describes. Each interruption is accompanied by chibi-like heads popping up in the corners of the scenes.

Mako: Bolin and I were playing for the Fire Ferrets.

Wu: (Excitedly, head popping up in the top left) You were a pro-bender?

Mako: (Annoyed, head popping up in the top right) Yes. Will you just let me tell the story?

Wu: (Closes his eyes) Carry on.

The heads disappear, and Mako resumes his tale.

Mako: Bolin and I grew up dirt poor, so once I became a pro-bender, I wanted it all: riches, fame, accolades. But all that changed when I met Korra.

The scene transitions to the flashback where Bolin introduces Korra to Mako.

Bolin: Come on, I want you to meet my brother, Mako.