Book Three Chapter 4

Jinshu and Liyin found themselves alone. Kai was nowhere to be seen, but they weren't overly concerned as his swiftness made him adept at escaping trouble.

Liyin: So, any ideas where Kai might be?

Jinshu: Hard to say. Probably off nabbing some cash. Classic Kai move.

Liyin: Aren't you worried he might get caught? He could be starving out there.

Jinshu: I'm sure he's scavenging something edible. Trash food can't be that bad.

Liyin: No, we can't just assume that. We need to make sure he's safe, or he might get into real trouble.

Jinshu: Okay, okay, no need to be so intense about it.

The pair combed the city in search of Kai, but he remained elusive. Their efforts led to heaps of garbage and throngs of people. Maybe we should call it quits. I've had my fill of this place.

The scene opens in P'Li's prison cell as she exhales cold air. The camera zooms out, revealing her guards. The camera then shifts to the surface, where Tonraq, Desna, and Eska stand outside P'Li's prison, awaiting Lord Zuko and Druk's return. Druk lands heavily on the ground.

Tonraq: Did you see Zaheer?

Zuko: All I saw was a snowstorm heading our way.

Tonraq: (Looks at the approaching snowstorm.) That's not a snowstorm. It's him.

Tonraq and the group start running towards the snowstorm Zaheer created to hide his snowcat. Zaheer continues airbending to shield his group. The snowcat emerges, and Zaheer and Ming-Hua leap off, heading towards Tonraq's group.

Tonraq: I locked you up once, Zaheer, and I'll do it again!

Desna and Eska launch multiple ice shards at Ming-Hua, but she avoids them. The twins conjure a field of iceberg spikes, but Ming-Hua navigates through them using her water arms, then freezes them in ice blocks. Ming-Hua leaps and shatters the ice beneath her with waterbending before gliding down to P'Li's cell. A White Lotus sentry attacks with fire, but Ming-Hua defeats him. Another sentry waterbends, and she swiftly takes him out. She freezes the prison cell door, causing it to collapse.

P'Li: Ming-Hua.

Ming-Hua: Let's get you out of here.

Ming-Hua uses waterbending to free P'Li from the metal chains. P'Li stands, removing the cuff on her forehead to reveal her "third eye" tattoo. She clings to Ming-Hua's back, who scales up using ice axes.

P'Li: We could've just used the elevator. (Ming-Hua continues to climb silently.) Show-off.

Once they reach the surface, Druk firebends at them, and P'Li redirects the flames.

P'Li: After thirteen years, it feels good to be warm.

P'Li skillfully tames the fire before using her combustion ability to repel the dragon. The scene shifts to Lord Zuko evading a rock hurled by Ghazan, retaliating with firebending. He dodges another attack, only to be struck by a rock. Tonraq attempts to engage Zaheer, but the airbender avoids his blows. The battle concludes with P'Li using her combustion on Tonraq. The villains flee, and Lord Zuko watches their snowcat depart. The scene transitions to Zaheer and P'Li embracing.

P'Li: I never thought I'd see you again.

Zaheer: I never doubted it. (He kisses P'Li, while Ghazan looks on disapprovingly.)

Ghazan: Seriously? Right now?

The scene cuts to an aerial shot of the departing truck before transitioning to Mako and Bolin's extended family's home.