Book Three, Chapter 6

The Northern Air Temple's serene ambiance graces the scene, with a sprawling grassy plain and the temple itself in the backdrop. Energetic spirits of vibrant colors dart around, creating an otherworldly atmosphere.

Tenzin: (Narrating off-screen.) The disciples urged their master. (Camera transitions to a close-up of the air temple.) They implored him to eat, yet he resisted, (Cut to Tenzin, reminiscing with a tinge of nostalgia and wistfulness.) much like he did on every summer day. (Cut to the airbenders, most of them displaying varying degrees of disinterest, except for Otaku.) Instead, he meditated, drawing sustenance from the universe. Thus, on the ninety-seventh day of Tang Xu's historic fast, on which island did he conclude it?

Otaku: (Eagerly raising his hand.) Oooh! Oooh!

Tenzin: (Amused.) Anyone else apart from Otaku, who might've encountered this during their acolyte training?

Otaku: (Still enthusiastic.) Ooh, ooh, ooh!

Tenzin: (Sighs, then glances at Otaku, signaling for him to answer.) Yes, Otaku?

Otaku: (Triumphantly.) Whaletail Island!

Tenzin: (Nods.) Correct. Once more. Now, on the ninety-eighth day... (Laughter erupts among the recruits.)

Bumi: (In a high-pitched tone, dancing around with his tunic over his head and Bum-Ju peeking out.) Salutations, air folks! I come in search of stories that will cure insomnia in the Spirit World.

(Bum-Ju emerges from Bumi's tunic, causing him to tumble to the ground. Laughter ripples through the group, including Jinora. Tenzin gives his daughter a stern look, prompting her to swiftly regain her composure and sit up straight.)

The scene shifts to Tenzin and Oogi soaring through the sky, with their viewpoint shared with the new recruits.

Kai: (Enthusiastic.) That's incredible! When can we get a chance to glide around on our own sky bison like that?

Tenzin: (Smiling, yet firm.) Only after years of practice and intensive training. (Recruits groan off-screen.) Plus, we don't have enough bison here for everyone.

Kai: (Pointing excitedly.) What about those? (Tenzin raises an eyebrow in surprise.) There's a whole herd of bison! (The perspective changes to the balcony where the students stand, gazing at a herd of air bison soaring majestically. Tenzin approaches.)

Tenzin: (Correcting.) Actually, the plural of bison is still bison.

Recruits: (Excitedly.) Whoa! Cool! Look at that!

Kai: (Curiously.) Can we ride them?

Tenzin: (Explains.) No, that's a wild herd. It would take years to tame them. Now, let's resume our lessons.

The scene shifts to two sky bison carrying the new airbenders, Kya, Pema, Rohan, Meelo, Ikki, and Yusuke.

Meelo: (Off-screen, shouting.) Dad! (The camera pans up, revealing two sky bison with individuals on them approaching the temple. Ikki waves excitedly to her father, while Meelo points to the bison behind him.) We've brought more airbenders!

The two bison touch down gracefully on the ground.

Tenzin: (Dismisses the recruits.) All right, that's enough for now. We'll continue this... (Sighs.) tomorrow. (As his wife and sister alight from the bison.)

Tenzin: (Concerned.) How's everything in the city?

Pema: (Assuringly.) We had a minor scare, but everyone's safe. Zaheer infiltrated the air temple.

Tenzin: (Alarmed.) What! Is everyone all right?

Kya: (Calmly.) Everyone's fine. I fought with him, but he managed to escape. He also took an old necklace, something connected to... Guru... Lak... shmir.