•chapter six•

"You don't look eighteen Gregg." I drag out his name.

"it's grey." He grumbles, clearly aggravated. "Now, let me the fuck out of here."

"Do you ever stop cussing?" I mumble under my breath.

I bend down, and move what ever branch was trapping him. I feel my foot sightly slip under a branch- causing me to fall over another branch and onto the pile.

"oops- sorry." I apologize quickly scrambling to gather myself.

Finally, after rearranging all the branches and twigs, and whole bunch of other things; a scary man is free.

Stepping out of the way, he gets up and his shirt has slightly risen. A sharp V was quickly covered up by his shirt and a glare was sent my way after I stared a bit too long...

"Where do you live greg-"

"Grey." He cuts me off.

"grey." I repeat nodding to myself to remember.

"Down there." He says nodding his head toward the left.

That's the interesting thing about our neighborhood!

The neighborhood is a cul-de-sac and every backyard is connected to the big beautiful forrest.

"Wait- do you go to school here?" I ask curiously.

I've never seen him. I mean he did just move here but-

"Yeah, I will be. I'm a senior."

"oh cool, me too! um- well I have to go so... see ya around grey." I say twisting on my heel toward the direction of my house.

Once inside I explain to my parents the mysterious noise and my investigation on a new neighbor.

"I didn't know we had a new neighbor! We should invite them over for dinner one day!" My mom exclaims excitedly.

My dad agrees.

He always does to what ever my mom says.

It's not that I don't want dinner with Grey's family but idontwantdinnerwithhisfamily. It would be so awkward. I already get the sense that he absolutely hates my guts!

After dinner and helping my mom with dishes, I head to my room. I flip in my bed and stare at the ceiling for a minute until I hear a few noises outside. I peak out my window and see Grey outside playing basketball with what looks to be a fried or brother, maybe a few years younger? They both have no shirt on which makes me look away.

What am I a creep?!

yes.

But they must be weirdos if they play basketball outside at night with no shirt! It's sorta freezing at night in the fall.

I take my wondering mind as a hint to hit the hay. Do people still say that?

~

*beep* *beep* *beep*

I scrunch my eyes and turn my lazy body over to see my alarm clock. It blinks 8:00 AM.

Not again.

School starts in 10 minutes and I'm not even ready. Why do I always do this??

I rush out of my bed and slide on a dress. I pick up my accessories and my makeup bag. Slipping on some shoes I walk downstairs. I sprint to the kitchen and while waiting to heat some toast, I apply mascara through the toasters reflective outside cover.

I run to my backpack, only to rush back to the toaster to grab my toast. After slapping a glob of butter on it, I then go to look for my keys.

I never know where they are because I almost never use them- except when I'm late like today!

I manage to clip my earring in and put on my necklace while running around the house searching high and low for those dumb keys.

"Honey what are you looking for?" My mom asks peering over her coffee cup at me.

"M-my ke-keys!!" I barely manage to say while rummaging through the junk drawer in pure panic. "I'm going to be so late."

"Oh! It's right here." She says throwing them to me.

"Thanks mom! Love you!" I say blowing her a kiss.

I swear moms can find anything!

••••
GUESS EDITING IS SO BAD. this book 🥴

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞