•chapter forty•

🕰

We've been playing for a while. It's Opals turn and everyone is watching to see if she makes it in easily- which so far she has! Everyone watches except Grey.

Grey stands tall next to me with his gaze dead set on a guy. His eyes could shot daggers, lasers you name it. As long it hurts the guy he is currently looking at.

The man walks casually way with his hands in his pocket. He wears suit and tie and hat with sunglasses on. It sticks out like sour thumb in an empty putt putt place.

Grey has been dead quite which is usual-ish. But it's oddly quite this time.

"Grey?" I tap his arm.

He whips his head around violently and I jump back slightly at his death glare. His eyes soften when they notice it's me.

"Are you-okay..." I ask.

"Yeah." He shrugs me off, but I know that's a lie.

"Are you lying?" I ask confidently.

I hear cheering and see the group moving to the next station.

"No Violet." He says sternly.

"You can tell me anything I-"

"Everything is fine." He cuts me off.

He leads me by my lower back towards the next station while I'm still processing what's wrong with him.

~

After we finished all the stations we drove back to the school parking lot to get our cars that we left.
Jamie and Lucas go in one car while Opal and Lili stay in the van. It's Opals van so she moves to the front seat and since I walked I ask Grey for a ride.

He nods and we walk over to his car. I open the door and smell his scent everywhere.

"Grey... I." I stop hesitantly. I don't want to start a fight but he's been so weird.

"What?" He asks.

"I. Why did Sally talk to you?" I surprise myself by asking.

"She wanted to talk." He says gruffly.

"But... ok." I say letting it go.

"Don't do that." He says not looking at me.

"Do what?" I ask confused.

"Stop yourself and then bite your lip."

I look out the window as a distraction but find myself still irritated with how he's been acting all day. I mean brushing me off hurt, but then never explaining himself or apologizing?

"Look. There's nothing to be worried about." He reassures me by placing his right hand on my thigh. "I hooked up with Sally but that was before I even knew you." He assures.

I knew it.

"ok." I muster. As long as it wasn't while we had a 'thing' It doesn't really matter. It makes me feel weird sure... but everyone has a past. It's just a matter of what you're doing in the present that matters to me.

"So you're ok with that?" He asks confused.

"As long as your not still... you know." I play with my fingers to escape his gaze.

He smiles and pecks my cheek quickly. "Never would even think of it." He says squeezing my thigh lightly.

I feel a little reassured but try to ignore my inner thoughts wanting to be petty.

I've never dated. I've never had sex. It's weird to know how he's experienced it all, and I'm so new to all of this. Sure some girls will be mad in my case, but I just don't see the point. As long as we are together it shouldn't matter, but if he does do something while we're together... it's a whole different story.

••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞