•chapter forty one•

🥃

Friday Night

"ouch!" Opal grumbles for the millionth time since Lili has been doing her makeup.

"I'm only doing eyeshadow! You're such a baby!" Lili smacks her shoulder.

Jamie looks in her vanity touching up some mascara. I lay on her bed looking out the window all dolled up- curtesy of the makeup artist Lili.

"What's with the long face." Jamie says plopping down on the bed causing me to jump a little bit.

"I- I've never been to a party." I say.

"I know! Do you guys know how many times I've asked this girl to come with me?" Jamie asks pointing to me while talking to Lili and Opal.

"fascinating." Opal says sarcastically.

"Did a little someone persuade you to come..." Jamie asks with a smirk.

"not really." I mumble.

"Well we will have a good time and hopefully come back in one piece. So if you're worried or stressed, don't be!" Lili smiles at me.

"Thanks..." I respond.

"What time is it?" Jamie asks Lili.

"eleven twenty six." Lili responds.

"Ok! Lili are you almost done?" Jamie springs off the bed and walks towards the bedroom door.

"Almost. Unless Opal keeps on moving." Lili sneers out while griping Opal's face to contain her from moving.

"It itches and I don't like having my eyes closed." Opal complains and swats Lili's hand away. 

I roll over and face the window looking at the slight sway of a tree. The breeze is calm and I let a heavy breath out.

"All done!" Lili backs away from Opal. She admits her work and smiles.

"Opal you look gorgeous!" Jamie compliments.

And she does. Her eyeshadow compliments both his skin tone and eyes. Her dress isn't the usual baggy look, but instead a tighter- not skintight- dress. It's form fitting at the top with a flowy bottom.

"You look really pretty!" I beam.

"Thanks." Opal stands awkwardly. "Ok you guys can stop looking now." She covers herself up with her hands.

"Alright, let's go!" Jamie opens the door.

We get in Jamie's Jeep and head toward the party. We pull up to a lively house with music practically booming off the walls.

"Ok here are the rules." Jamie looks at me. "Always watch your drink!"

"Oh! Don't eat any food." Lili adds.

"And don't go anywhere with out us or Grey." Opal adds.

"Should I be scared?" I look around nervously.

"No" Jamie and Lili say in unison.

"Yes." Opal says after them.

I breathe heavy air out and exit the car two seconds after them. Walking in the house it smells a little gross. We make our way to the kitchen and I see a blue haired boy.

"Hey!" I smile at the guy.

Jamie, Lili and Opal look at me like I have three eyes.

"Hey!" He smiles. Thankfully he remembered me or this would be super awkward...

"What are you doing here?" We ask at the same time.

"oh-" I giggle.

"This is my sisters party." He rolls his eyes playfully. "You?"

"dragged by them." I whisper scream.

He chuckles and I nod at them to come. They shake their heads and point to the alcohol section-ish area.

"You want me to make you a drink?" He asks.

"Sure. But- can it not be strong tasting."

"strong tasting?" He laughs. "Alcohol isn't the sweetest beverage-" He taps his chin, mocking me.

"I mean like...not super gross." I blush at my inexperience.

Of course I took sips from my moms wine or my dads scotch but I hated it. Scotch is gross. I did like a fruity margarita my mom once got at a restaurant.

"Ok sure. I get what you mean." He smiles.

I follow him as he mixes me something and my phone buzzes.

I pull it out and see a text from Grey.

••••
LIKE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞