•chapter forty four•

talk

Thanksgiving Weekend

For most people, Thanksgiving is strictly for family, and for others it's just friends, or some it's a mixture!

Most of my family lives in New York or New Jersey, so my parents usually invite their best friends who are basically family.

Aunt Mandy is my moms best friend. I've known her since I was born so she's not even considered a friend but instead an aunt.

Mom and Aunt Mandy are in the living room gossiping while drinking wine. "I was thinking about inviting them! Such a lovely family." My mother smiles only stopping to take a sip. "And Lady has a thing for one of the boys." Mom whispers the last part.

Pretending I didn't hear anything I smile while mixing cake mix. Aunt Mandy loves my chocolate cake so it was mandatory by her that I made it for Thanksgiving. I don't mind, since baking is fun and I love the scent that wafts throughout the house after I've finished.

After mixing for a few minute or so, I scoop the batter into the pan and make sure to tap it on counter to insure no bubbles. I smile a satisfied smile and place my cake in the oven.

"Hm, I know that smile." I hear Aunt Mandy say behind me.

Giggling, I blush a crimson.

"So your mom tells me about a boy." She wiggles her eyebrows.

"Ya. I haven't told dad." I twiddle my fingers.

It's not like I've been avoiding it's just I'm-busy.

"Lady! You know how he is!" She gives me a knowing look. "Is he cute." She asks siping her wine.

"Hm. Yeah." I giggle like a thirteen year old.

"You should tell your dad." She reminds me.

"When?" I ask nervously.

"Thanksgiving! Give us a show." She winks walking away.

After telling my mom my plans she tells me that she's going to try to invite them even more now.

~

Thanksgiving
"Wear something pretty! For Greyyy." My mother sings his name out.

I smile at the sound of his name and shut my door. All days she's been talking about him and his family coming over.

Looking through my closet I find a cute dress and smile while applying a little makeup. I'm not very experienced so when I do, do makeup I apply the least amount.

A lot of my parents friends arrive and I come out to greet them only for me to go back in to my room. I lose hope of Grey coming early so I slump on my bed.

Just when I gave up hope, I hear a squeaky little girls voice say "Is V here!?".

Springing off my bed I straighten my dress out and make my way to greet them. I wore an orange dress that didn't blend too much with my hair.

I walk to the foyer and lock eyes with Grey. He wears a nice button up shirt that's a little too small for his biceps. I look down to see voice I first heard.

"Hi V! Grey told me that you guy-"

Grey covers his hand with her mouth- well practically her whole head with his massive hand.

I rock on my heels looking between and Grey and my dad and introduce them. They greet each other formally and my dad gives him a "talk" about not messing with me and blah blah.

"So you guys are getting married!" She blurts once Grey release his hand.

I giggle and blush once more.

What's with me and blushing today!

••••
LIKE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞