•chapter twenty nine•

🩸

"What are you doing here?" I giggle.

I focus my attention into climbing up.

Once I'm up I realize he hasn't responded to my question.

"Grey?" I say still giggling. The thought of him in my treehouse makes me- giggly. Nervous giggles?

"Gr-" I stop once I see his face.

His nose has dried blood and he looks tired. Bags hang under his eyes and the look in his eyes looks feed up with everything. He looks beyond tired. His nose even looks a little crooked and bruised.

"Grey what happened?" I ask concerned.

I run over to the bed and see him looking up at me.

"Grey?"

"just come." He goes to grab my hand.

"ok." I say trying to sit beside him on the bed.

"no." He says and grabs my hip to sit on top of him.

I sit on either side of him, straddling him, and he puts his head in my shoulder.

"Wha-What happened?" I stutter out.

He does his normal gruff and sinks his head further in my shoulder. He snakes his arm around my waist. My breathing hitches and I know he can hear my heartbeat.

"Grey." I try to sound stern. I really want to know who hurt him. A boost of 'beating someone up' energy courses through me for some reason. Although I could never beat someone up I'll most definitely try for Grey.

Since he's not answering to me I let him hug me for a few more seconds but my concerned curiosity gets the best of me. I grab his head softly with my hands and pull his face back to see mine.

Face to face I ask, "What happened Grey? Wh-Who did this to you." My voice slightly cracks. I couldn't help but feel like crying. His face had blood all over it and he eyes just showed so much vulnerability. I have never seen Grey look anything remotely similar to what he looks like now.

He looks into my eyes quietly. Not saying a word.

"Grey, please answer." I beg.

"It's no one." He says looking everywhere but my face.

"Grey. Give me an answer." I say sternly which surprises me.

He breathes in a breath and finally gives in. "It was my dad." He says looking down.

"What." I shake my head. Did I really hear that correctly?

"He and I got in a dumbass argument and he hit me and- Violet it's really nothing."

"No. Please tell me." I soften my voice.

"I just tried to-." He stops.

After a second, I lift my hand up his face and skim my thumb over a forming bruise on his cheek. "Grey you can tell me."

I understand Grey has a hard time expressing himself and talking through his feelings, so I don't mind waiting until he's comfortable to talk.

He runs a hand through his hair and lets a heavy breath out. He then puts his hands back around my waist while my hands are still rest on his face.

"I tried to tell him I didn't want to be in his business shit and the asshole he is didn't want to talk nor listen. So, he hit me. It's nothing new Violet. It's the reason- the- the reason I moved here." He says sharply. I can see the pain in his eyes he tries to shove away and hide.

Business? What business? I don't want to push it because I know he already opened up, so I nod.

"why did you come to the treehouse." I ask softly.

He sucks his lip in while looking at mine.

"You make me happy." He responds looking directly into my eyes. "And I needed that."

I slightly suck in some air to make sure I won't hyperventilate.

I make him happy! I'm doing cartwheels in my head at the news.

I smile softly and lean my forehead onto his.

"You make me happy too." I whisper.

His arms wraps tighter around me.

"Violet," He grabs my attention.

"yes."

"Can I ask you something?" I smell his minty breathe mixed with smoke.

"anything." I whisper a little too close to his lips.

••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞