•chapter twenty eight•

think

"V you truly are a matchmaker." Jamie squeals. I can how happy she is. She is practically glowing with excitement.

"I know right! I should make like a business or something." I joke, jumping on her bed.

She sits at her vanity and applies a dark pink lipstick that is subtle on her lips. She pops her lips as a way of spreading the lipstick around her lips.

"Come here." Jamie motions her hands.

Jumping off the bed I make my way towards her curious as to why she wants me.

"You should try a new look." She says grabbing my face in one hand and a liquid eyeliner pen in the other.

"Jamie! Lucas will be here any minute! Don't you want to focus on you." I say.

To be honest I love Jamie don't get me wrong, but I'm scared of her with that eyeliner so close to my eyes! I can just imagine she slips and the pen paints my eyeball black.

"Shhh." She hushes and focuses on the task at hand.

She makes two small wings that surprisingly are even! A true miracle.

"See. You're hot. You've always been. You just need show it." She fluffs my hair around.

"Thanks." I mumble quietly.

"So um- Grey?"

"...Grey? What about him."

"Hmm- I don't know. It's just the fact that he has a crush on you and you're too oblivious to see it." She says quickly.

"Jamie! We are just friends." I giggle. "Plus if he did like me then he would tell me." I play with my fingers.

"You're funny." She curls a strand of her hair that barely loosened. "What time is it?"

"7:30." I reply checking my phone.

The door bell rings and Jamie faces changes into instant fear.

"He's here!" She says struggling to put everything away.

"Don't worry I'll clean." I smile at her sweetly.

"You are the best! Ok- How do I look." She asks spinning around.

"Perfect." I say sitting on her vanity chair.

"I'm nervous! I'm never nervous." She freaks out.

"You're fine!" I smooth her hair.

"ok." She says straightening her dress with her hands. "I'm ready." She's says confidently.

"Call me later!" I say before she leaves the room.

I clean her vanity and take a makeup wipe and wipe off the winged eyeliner. After that I make my way down the spiral staircase.

"Oh hi Lady!" Mrs. Diaz greets.

"Hi!"

"I made some food if you want some." She calls out.

"Oh! Thanks but I have to get home before it gets dark."

"Ok. Well you be safe." She smiles.

I make my way outside and start walking home.

Walking towards my house I decide to go to my treehouse. Tonight feels like a perfect night to be in there.

I have to turn on my light to show my parents I'm in there. I remind my self.

I walk a few streets over and walk through the forest as a short cut. The leaves crunch beneath my feet every-time I take a step. The leaves have been falling in preparation for winter, so they're extra crispy. I love the sound they make. The air is so much cleaner in the woods it's like I can almost think clearer.

I spot my treehouse and run toward it happily.
I climb the later and see a body already in the bed.

"Hey." That husky voice I know too well says.

••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞