•chapter twelve•

player

The bell rings and I spring out of my chair. I'm so excited for after school, Danny doesn't even have the slightest chance to stop me!

I head towards the door only to be stopped by the slowest walking person on earth.

Grey.

He decided to walk in front of me and walk like a complete sloth. He finally moves slightly and I move back to my fast, happy pace. I skim past him and other in the hall.

I spot Lili's hair in a stream of boring regular hair. I walk up to her with a spring in my step.

"Hey Lili!" I gleam.

"Hey V! What's got you hopping like a bunny on easter?" Lili asks.

"I'm just... happy." I nod.

"Ohhhh! what for?"

"I made a new friend!" I smile brightly.

"Who!" She ask immediately. Her eyes sparkle with the same energy mine give, and I manage to smile even more.

"Lucas." I smile up at her.

"Lucas Ridge?"

"I don't know his last name..." I tuck my hands behind the straps on my backpack.

"Does he have blonde hair and skate?" She asks.

I nod.

"I heard he's nice! But if not call me and I'll kick his ass any time babe." She winks at me.

"I don't have your number,"

"Oh! I stole your phone during lunch and put Opal and my number in. Just for emergencies, duh!" She smiles at me.

"oh. Well, I'm going to watch him skate and then he said we could get something to eat." I say.

I've never hung out with a boy outside of school, so this is very exciting for me.

"Alone? Is anyone else going?" She tilts her head.

"I don't know he didn't say..."

"Well if you get bored call me! I'll swing by the skatepark and join you."

"Thanks Lili!" I say, hugging her.

"No problem, it's what friends do!" She says in her usual cheery voice.

We walk together to the front door and Lucas is waiting for me by a large pole.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." I apologize, walking towards him.

"No worries! Is it ok if Grey joins us?" He asks while checking his phone.

How could I say no? Hm- think. think!

"Sure." I grit out.

I internally scowl at the sound of his name but the look of hope on Lucas face pushes all the negativity away.

"Can my friend Lili come?" I ask dragging Lili back by the wrist.

"Sure." He smiles.

"Stay?" I ask with puppy eyes.

She laughs and agrees.

"Are you nervous?" Lili asks giggling.

"I don't want to be with Grey." I say quietly.

Lucas is looking for Grey while checking his phone every so often, so he is oblivious to the conversation between Lili and me.

"Grey Jones? Sign me up!" She laughs out.

We see Grey flirting with Sally before coming towards us.

First day and he's already a player. I wouldn't expect anything less from him.

He smiles looking at Lucas and then he looks down at me beside Lucas. He wipes whatever smile was on his face, to a full on scowl, and I roll my eyes.

"Why is she here?" He asks Lucas.

"I invited her." He smiles looking down at me.

I smile back and that makes Grey's glare shaper.

It scares me a little bit.

"and Lili." Lucas introduces Lili.

"Hi!" Her cheery voice sounds extra high.

"Whatever," He says walking in the direction I assume is his car. "Meet you there." He calls out.

We load into Lucas's car and have a simple conversation.

His comedic trait loosens the mood as he spills jokes left and right. Lili and I laugh throughout the whole car ride.

We make it to the skate park and Grey is already there skating.

What stick is up is butt.

••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞