•chapter thrity seven•

rest

"Grey?" I rasp out.

Is this a fever dream?

I sit up and my eyes flutter open. Groggily, I see Grey seated at the end of my bed. He holds out a bouquet of orange flowers and a thermos.

"Hey! You're awake." Grey whispers.

I rub my eyes to make sure it's really him. In my room. With flowers and a thermos.

Thankfully I cleaned my room yesterday!

"Wh-What are you doing here?" I ask softly.

"I bought you some flowers. I thought they'd make you happy and look good in your koi fish vase." He winks.

"You're so sweet." I say as he moves over to my side table and place the flowers in the vase.

"And I brought you soup. My mom made it." He scratches his neck. "If I knew how to make it I would, but you would've spit it out or something. I'm no good at cooking."

I giggle and already feel better now that he's here.

"I missed you in history." He says lowly as he brushes and piece of my hair and twirls it. "How are you feeling?"

"better." I mumble.

"Good." He pours me some soup and places it in my hands. "Eat." He demands.

I do so and he even places a spoon in my hand.

I smile at him. "You're too kind."

"Only for you." He whispers so quietly I doubt he thought I would hear.

I eat my soup slowly until Grey tells me to finish it all, and to make sure I do-he watches me.  It warms my chest and soothes my body.

Once I'm done I place it on my nightstand. "You're so commanding." I giggle at him. "Why?" I ask curious.

"I just am." He shrugs tucking a lock of hair that fell behind my ear. Feeling daring I grab his hand and kiss it lightly trailing up slightly.

"I guess you are feeling better." He jokes watching me.

"one hundred percent." I state proudly.

"Well I should get going." He rubs my knuckles in a reassuring way.

"Why?" I ask. I don't want him to leave at all.

"Because you need rest." He states.

"No I don't!" I protest.

"Yes Violet."

"No Grey." I say dragging his hand to move him closer. "Just stay a little longer."

"fine." He sighs.

He and I talk for a few more minutes. I ask about assignments and it seems like I didn't miss anything.

"Grey."

"Violet."

"Why does it feel like we are closer than just a few days of dating?" My voice is a shaky mostly because I'm nervous but also I feel
feverish.

"I don't know Violet." He rubs his eyebrow.

"do you think we are?"

The conversation seems like nothing to him. But to me it's everything.  I've always been confused about how easily we morphed into this relationship stage. I mean at first, he was a complete jerk, but now he's bringing me soup and flowers...

"I do." He says huskily coming closer.

My heart races and I place a kiss on his hand.

"Don't wanna get you sick." I smile up at him. "might wanna wash that." I whisper and giggle while wiggling his hand.

After a few more minutes Grey says I need "sleep" and leaves.

I watch him walk down the cul-de-sac to his  house through my bedside window.

"I knew something was up between you two." My mother says scaring me. I jump at her sudden appearance and she laughs. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." She laughs and sits at the edge of my bed.

"He's a good boy. I mean he brought you flowers." She beams as she runs her hand through the flowers.

"He's sweet." I blush thinking about him.

"You know your dad would want to interrogate him." She rolls her eyes.

I giggle and think of the situation. Two grumpy men just staring at each other. That's how I envision it.

"ya." I mumble picking at my nails.

"Well, I like him." She smiles and smooths out her dress as she gets up. "get some more rest hun." She heads out the door.

I smile and turn back to my bedside window. Peeking again he's fully inside but I still smile at the thought of him. I drift off with a smile on my face and a certain someone in my head.

••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞