The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey part 1

The screen was in darkness for around a minute, a soft yet whimsical tune playing throughout the theater.

Soon enough, a title appeared on screen for all to see.

The
Hobbit

____________________________

"The Hobbit?" Jaune asked with a raised brow.

"That's a silly name." Nora said with a giggle.

"Hmm. I have no recollection of what a Hobbit is." Penny mused while she tapped her chin with her finger.

Ruby looked over to her robotic friend. "I think we're gonna find out soon." She told Penny.

"Regardless of whatever a Hobbit is, the composition of this music sounds very whimsical in nature." Weiss said as she found herself slightly swaying to the sound of the music.

"It's... kind of calming." Blake said, feeling as if this would be the perfect music to have playing while reading a book.

____________________________

Soon enough, an elderly voice spoke through the darkness, a voice that was elderly, yet almost all too familiar.

"My dear Ruby." spoke the elderly voice of one Roman Torchwick.

The darkness subsided with the hand of Roman striking a match, igniting it and using it to light a wax candle.
____________________________

"Uh, what?" Roman asked with a confused look. "Also, why do I sound old?"

"Don't Tell me this universe focuses on Torchwick." Ironwood said with an incredulous look.

"Forget that. Why'd he call me daughter his dear Ruby?" Tai asked as he got on the defensive, turning his head back towards Roman.

Qrow and Yang did the same as Tai, the former narrowing his eyes at the crook while the latter's eyes flashed red.

"Ooh, I don't like where this is going." Roman said with a grimace.

"I'm starting to feel sick." Ruby said with a cringe as she clenched her stomach.

It was then that Vortech made his way into the conversation. "Oh, get your minds out of the gutters!" Vortech told them with an incredulous look. "Their relationship is nothing like what your thinking."

"That still doesn't answer my question." Tai said while crossing his arms, a stern look on his face,

"There isn't much need for you to worry, Mr. Xiao Long. In this universe, one Roman Torchwick is the adoptive uncle, and legal guardian, of one Ruby Rose." Vortech stated as a matter-o'-factly.

"What?!" Ruby and Yang asked with a yell.

"You know I heard what you said... but I don't think I'm physically able to understand it, let alone believe it." Roman told Vortech with a shake of his head.

"It should also be known that Ruby isn't even a Rose in this universe." Vortech started. "She belongs to the Torchwick family tree, thereby making her Ruby Torchwick."

Ruby just had wide eyes and an agape jaw, her brain fried at the thought of her not just being related to—but also having the surname of Vale's most infamous criminal.

"But... I never even had any siblings." Roman argued with wide eyes.

'Congratulations?' Neo signed to her boss with a raised brow.

"You do in this universe." Vortech replies back with a nod. "Though Ruby didn't belong to any of said siblings. She is the daughter of your cousin, Drogo Torchwick, and his wife, Summer Rose Torchwick. Making Ruby your second cousin."