•chapter nine•

hues

Grey looks around the room until he catches his eyes on someone.

I look behind me and see skateboard boy waving at him like a maniac. Grey just stared back with a weird scowl on his face.

"Do you know him?" I asked confused.

"Grey? Oh yeah, we are um both- buddies! He's a cool guy." He stumbles on his words.

"oh." I reply mousey. Maybe I shouldn't talk so bad about his best friend. That wouldn't be very kind.

After our art teacher instructs him on whatever basics, he makes his way over to our table.

"Lucas." Grey greets with that bro-hand shake thing.

So I guess skater boys name is Lucas. Funny how I was talking and didn't even know his name.

"Hey I know you." Grey says in a little questioning tone trying to figure out where he's seen me.

Does this guy have the memory of a fly?

I fished him out of branches, twigs, you name it, and he doesn't even remember me! I practically saved his life.

"I meet you yesterday." I remind him with a fake smile.

"oh ya." He mumbles.

Lucas and Grey go in their own worlds. They talk about sports, video games, then what really makes me uncomfortable-girls.

"Yeah she's hot. But have you seen Jamie? I have a class with her and damn.." Grey comments.

Lucas makes a slight scowl but covers it up quickly with a nod.

I take that as my cue to leave the table in order to get my painting colors.

I wish I sat at a different table.

I grab hues of orange, and cream. A little red, some yellow and finally I am complete with my selection. I take my seat again and sadly they are still on the topic of girls; completely oblivious of the one sitting right in-front from them.

I huff and sit down and escape reality with my thoughts.

As I paint on the koi fish I think of the forest and animals. Then the book report due this week. Oh crap, I don't even have a book!

I'll need to go the library sometime. I note in my head.

Before I know it my thoughts and koi fish travel me to the end of the class.

"See you around." Lucas says to me as he gets up and leaves with Grey.

I look up and smile at him before wrapping up my vase and putting it on the shelf.

Taking my hair out of its messy ponytail, I run my fingers through it and silently moan at the amazing feeling.

"Excuse me." A guy says behind me.

"Oh sorry." I apologize, while stepping out of the way. I was accidentally in the way of the shelf...whoops.

"I think I have math with you!" He stops me.

I turn around and face Jacob.

"I think we do!" I reply with a smile.

"I saw you sitting with Grey and Lucas." He raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah..." I say quietly.

"They areeee cuteee." He laughs. "So which one are you picking?"

I shake my head and laugh along with him. We make our way to class and it turns out he's super funny.

I sit across from him and occasionally he would turn around from the lesson and roll his eyes at how boring the lesson is.

I would giggle and then Mrs. Roberts our teacher would look at us suspiciously.

••••
LIKE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞