Chapter 9: Snitches get Killed

We're in the cafeteria I'm finally chowing down on a burger.

 I honestly can't say how much I missed this cause my mouth's stuffed with food so I'll choke and die.

Wow, I have gotten so much closer to death recently.

"Asher how did you get detention so fast?" Zac asks, guessing it happened earlier while I was napping during trigonometry.

 He shrugs and says, "Guess the teachers here don't like it if you snort cocaine in the middle of class." That raises questions in my head. 

"No teacher likes that dumb ass." Zac scolds smacking him on the back of his head.

"Come on, I'm just trying to have fun here. Besides, AP Dealing allows it."

 I shake my head enjoying this back and forth movement.

These two are actually pretty cool.

It's odd how they're brothers. 

But I see it, they're twin like because duh they are literally twins. One's more responsible than the other.

Sure Asher has a head full of dope but he's funny, Zac is kind, smart and I feel a sense of danger around him and he's pretty hot. 

Unlike the douche we left at home.

"Um, Ryan said we have an assignment." I say remembering our purpose here, "Oh yeah."

" We have to kill Mason." 

I almost fall off my chair. 

Did he just say we need to kill Mason? 

And he said it indifferently as if he's telling the time. 

"Why?!How?" he looks me in the eyes and sighs, like trying to find a way of telling a child that her hamster's died. "Mason's not originally from this school, he's a legacy. He left and when you leave you can't be trusted and sources say he's been contacting the cops lately. So automatically we have to terminate the threat. Like obviously."

As much as I hate the son of a potato, I can't actually kill him. Warmth fills my hand as his touches mine. 

"You have to do this Lena to show that you're with us. It can save your own life." 

That phrase, it can save your life. Isn't that a tad bit selfish? To save my own life?

I breathe out some air which I didn't even realize I had been keeping in this entire time. 

His eyes are completely focused on me. 

I can't even hear my heart anymore.

 Do I even have a heart anymore? 

The words being said to me just sound so ambient and muffled, the noise around us beats the back of my skull with a baseball bat.

 The information I can remember is still pending, difficult to process I just need to focus.

 Focus. Focus.

"Do you understand Lena?" the first thing that registers said by Zac is a question I do not have an answer to. 

"No, I'm s..so.. sorry I didn't hear you." I stutter. 

He sighs and brushes his fingers through his hair. 

"Okay, we know that tonight there's a football match against the Lakers. Right. So we have a guy in that team who's supposed to fake an injury by him. That will take him out for some time. We are anticipating that he'll go to the locker room to think or whatever. You and I will act as if we got lost and stumbled in there or something like that. You would already have a gun in your hand but because that place is so dimly lit he won't be able to see it, our presence is distracting enough and I know for a fact that you are excellent at shooting targets."