Chapter 46: Cupid Survived?!!!

"Aaaaaaaah!" Amber, Mia and I are squealing in excitement, the 50 karat diamond ring is sparkling so beautifully on Mia's now occupied ring finger.

She's been hiding her hand all this time, just to pick the right time to tell us.

Tiny emerald stones curl around the large gem making it look like a really expensive flower.

Zac has out done himself this time.

"Ladies, this is the fifth time you've done that." Asher remarks looking at us seriously.

We sigh at the same time recovering from our girlish out burst.

"The cafeteria is also getting annoyed." He continues, he leans forward really glaring at us.

Jeez kid, looks like you woke up on the wrong side of bed, what's up with him?

Zac holds Mia close very proud of the outcome of his proposal last night.

He took her to her favorite beach, it's on a beautiful island in the Caribbean.

Pretty extra but damn the ring is gorgeous.

"Please ladies contain your excitement." He continues.

"Asher don't rain on our parade please." I say irritated by his repeated complaints.

He smiles wildly and I know he's about to do something only Asher would do.

"Don't you think it's a little rude to celebrate without me? You're not doing it properly. Ahem." A series of coughing and throat clearing follows.

He straightens his tie and unleashes the loudest, pitchiest scream I have ever heard.

We all cover our ears including the entire student body as his deafening scream fills the now silenced room.

Five or six seconds pass and it finally stops.

We earn intense glares from hundreds of pissed off hormonal teenagers.

Even Tony, the friendly guy from the Italian mob's giving me looks.

"Hey, this is a celebratory moment! Don't be jealous now!"

Ryan yells at the commentators as he approaches us.

Applause follow his demanding voice, cheers too.

Well...half of the people here are scared of Zac and respect Ryan very much but this is awkward.

Ryan just...he announced something upbeat.

Publicly...

What the hell's going on?

He sits down next to me and without taking his eyes off mine, takes a sip of my milkshake.

"What are you doing?"

He pecks on my lips his grin and eyes widening saying, "What? Can't I be happy for my best friend? He's getting married to the love of his life!"

I narrow my eyes but try brushing it off.

"Alright." I say to keep the peace.

I'm not the only one that's suspicious.

Everybody else just went from chill to 'what the hell has he been up to?' in seconds.

"Just shake it off." He says motioning to our curious glares.

This is weird but I'm not letting this ruin such a wonderful moment.

"So, when are we coming to the graduation?" Amber asks changing the subject.