Chapter 53 : All Roads lead To Pancakes

"Are you sure of your decision?"

I sigh, extremely exasperated by his question. "For the hundredth time dad, yes."

He smiles kindly; I can tell that he's unsure of my decision. Now that I think about it, I don't think I'm so sure about this.

I hook my arm in his and pat down my dress, trying to remove the creases.

I thought they ironed this, maybe it's my hallucination. Maybe there's no crease and I'm a full blown schizophrenic.

I'm just super nervous.

"Yeah, I don't think I'm sure either." Asher says linking his arm with my left one and we continue our stride down the forest.

I shake my head dismissively, but I realize something.

"You just read my mind!" I exclaim, my eyes widening.

Zac does this all the time and Asher sometimes but this is extraordinary.

"My darling, I am still your bestest friend in the whole wide world right?"

I smile casually, "Yes, yes you are."

I still don't know why, but he comes off as a girl to me. If he weren't with Amber, he'd probably be gay.

Which I don't mind of course. I'll forever love my Ashley, no matter what (even if he knew about Ryan's secret without telling me) *hurts my heart* but it's cool.

"Am I the only here just because he cried?" Zac asks linking his arm with Asher's.

This is literally the weirdest walk I have ever taken, my heels are becoming smaller and my dress is becoming tighter.

My heels sink further into the ground the longer we take to walk down this path.

I feel the grass brushing up against my feet and my entire body starts to feel warm. The amazing aroma of fresh air and trees, everything around me is so refreshing makes me feel-

"I'm here to see him cry again. Look at her! She's gorgeous, he otta cry!" Mia exclaims linking her arm with my dad's.

He looks at her questionably for a moment but she being a crackhead princess carries on smiling at him.

He then looks to me his smile twitching... but I smile back, ignoring his 'help me' look.

As we approach the flower curtain my heart begins to ring in my ears, beating against my rib cage without mercy.

My legs then start to feel like jello, "I can't wait to get out of these heels!" Amber exclaims from behind us but quickly waddles to link her arm with Zac's clutching to the bouquet of various flowers.

I burst out into laughter noticing the ridiculous sight beside me. "How are we all going to walk in there?"

"We'll figure it out. I promise." Zac says his grin widening.

I don't trust that grin. He's always mischievous when he grins like that.

"We have a plan all figured out boo." Amber shouts from her end.

Turning my head this much is exhausting.

The sounds of the fleeting birds are dying down and the music starts to play.

Lover by Taylor Swift.

I love this song so much, it reminds me of that date we had. Mind you it was our first and only date.

Funny enough he only asked me out once. Hahaha...haha.

"Please don't let me fall."

I say nervously as my balance starts to fail me.