Chapter 7

Chelsea POV
“What!” my friends screamed at me once I told them my ordeal with Dylan. “What do you mean what?” “Do you know what it means for Dylan Sanders to talk to you? Not just any Dylan… the Dylan Sanders and here you are sulking over it. Do you know I’d kill to be in your place,” Katy told me. “It’s not my fault. I don’t even want to be in this position right now, but I have to because of this stupid project and I need my grade. I promise, once I’m done with this, you can have him.”

If he actually wants her. Maybe I shouldn’t have promised her that, raising her hopes up because he is probably going to bring it down collapsed and he’s obviously going to break my best friend.

“Here is more. Mrs. Duburg is making us confess our love to each other in front of the class while she videos it.” I said feeling irritated about her plan and mainly saying the l word. I need help. “Wow. You and Dylan would actually confess your love to each other,” Abby said. “Yeah and you think I want that to happen. Maybe he’d be confessing real love, player love, prank love but I know that I’d be confessing messed up trashy rubbish.”

“That’s harsh Chelsea,” Katy told me but I shrugged in return. “Lucky you, at least you got paired up with someone reasonable and manageable and bearable for you to handle unlike the obnoxious and arrogant player in both definitions working with you.”

Just then the bell rang. “I have to get to class now. See you guys at lunch,” getting up from my seat, I left.

I don’t know whether Mrs. Duburg was sent by the devil… again. She made us practice proposals in front of her and the class before we do the original ones which will determine our grades. This time she made it clear to us that everyone has to compile a list of at least 10 things about our partners that we discovered during our time spent together.

So yeah… we have to learn how to get along with each other and worse, learn about ourselves.

“Alright Chelsea, just say yes and all these would be over and you can get back to your single life… yay,” I murmured to myself when I heard my name and Dylan’s to come and present our so called proposal.

Dylan got to his knees, I rolled my eyes
He held my hands, I sighed
He started talking, I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me.

“Chelsea, from the first day we met at the park, I couldn’t stop thinking about you. I keep thinking of how lucky I am to have someone like you…” shouldn’t that all be in past tense?

Moving on…

I couldn’t take any of the sweet words anymore. I got tired of it… I don’t want to fall for this anymore so I just said yes. I said it with a blank, bored expression on my face and clearly Dylan noticed because he stood up, sighing.

Mrs. Duburg just had to be stupid… again and began clapping and fake crying. She even went as far as using a tissue to wipe her fake tears. “Is that really necessary?” Dylan and I asked her simultaneously. She gasped and cheered on as if her favorite basketball team won the match. Ok… this is frustrating… and childish, yep that’s the word.

The bell went off, luckily I have no lessons during this period, and so I walked up to Dylan and asked him if his next period is occupied. The reaction I got wasn’t surprising at all… he smirking. Is he seriously smirking at this question, it’s just a yes or n- ooh. I get it now.

“Eww!” I exclaimed. “That’s not what I meant at all, gross,” “then what did you mean?” he said with a stupid grin. “You nitwit, I meant if you have any lessons during next period?” he seemed to get the question now and his mouth formed an ooh shape. “I don’t think so, why?” I sighed and asked the question I never knew I’d ask anyone especially…him

"Can we spend the next period on the project… together?”

Help me Lord.

Later that night, by 1am to be exact. I couldn't sleep and this isn't the first time it's happening. Since we moved, it's a normal thing for me to stay awake from 1am till 6am when I get ready for school. The house isn't creepy at all, it's just me. I've never really spoken to my therapist about it because it doesn't seem to have any effect on me during the day.

My phone vibrates on the drawer beside my bed. I reach out to grab it, thinking it's a reasonable person, but then I'm really surprised to see Dylan’s name when I can swear I've never asked him for his number.

Most of all,  why would I need it in the first place?

Reluctantly, I pick up the call and here is the conversation.

"What on earth do you want from me by 1 in the morning. Can I help you with something?"

"Oh Chelsea. I'm actually surprised that you are awake by this time. Care to tell me why?"

"As a matter of fact, I don't want to tell you why. Again... why are you calling me by 1 in the morning?"

"Nothing really. Just wanted to check up on you and see if my number saved."

I can't believe this.

"When did you get my phone to save your number?"

"Remember when I brought your phone to your doorstep, yeah that time"

"You bitch. Never you call me again and I never will. How many times do I need to tell you to not talk to me. I don't  need you in my life because the only purpose you are serving right now... Is contributing to my grade and nothing else."

"Goodnight to you too. Have a nice day."

And with that he cut the phone.

Am I being you harsh... because I really think I am.

Oh well.

What do you guys think so far?
Tell me what you think privately or comment, vote, share and follow.
Love you all
❤❤✌