Chapter 25

Ashton POV
“I’m Ashton.”

I was angry. This boy that I didn’t know was holding Elsie…

My Elsie.

“And who are you supposed to be?” I asked him, clearly annoyed and I could see Chelsea’s body stiffen.

“I’m Dylan… I’m Chelsea’s boyfriend. Nice to meet you,” he said extending his hand.

The bloody fuck.

He’s her boyfriend?

I never really imagined Chelsea would move on after all that. “Can I please talk to you Chelsea?” I glared at Dylan who didn’t seem like he was going to let her go just yet.

“No you may not. Chelsea is mine… and I don’t like to share.”

Is this guy insane? “I want to talk to her please. Is there a crime in that?” I asked running my hands through my hair.

“I made it clear that I’m not leaving Chelsea all alone. Unless she tells me to. And like I said… I don’t like to share.” This guy was getting on my nerves. I sighed.

I know it’s going to be hard to get Chelsea to talk to me. “Seems like she’s gotten herself a boyfriend,” I said hardening her gaze on him before I turned to Chelsea.

“Elsie, please listen to me.” I saw her flinch. She can’t bear seeing me. I’m sure she can’t even believe that I’m here. I wouldn’t have been here if not for her.

“Can we please leave Dylan?” she asked the asshole that was holding her in his arms… like she wasn’t mine. “Yes princess. Let’s leave,” he said finally leading them away.

Brandon came close and patted me. “You’re just going to try harder bro,” he said. I sighed. “What the hell am I supposed to do?” I asked him frustrated.

“In my opinion… I think you shouldn’t do anything. The Chelsea I know is stubborn and protective of herself. What you did to her was terrible and I know if I was her… I would stab you countless times. Even if you die, I’ll just keep stabbing you. I know it hurts, but I think you should just forget about her.”

“Fuck it Brandon. Chelsea is mine. I’m going to try to get her forgive me and I’m going to get her back. You can keep your fucking negative opinions to yourself,” I said in anger.

I know I can be asshole sometimes and what I did to Chelsea is unforgivable. I wouldn’t lie, I had a blast that night, but ever since then the guilt has been killing me. I loved her… scratch that… I love her. I understand her pain and I’m more than willing to erase that pain. Even if it means getting that dick out of her life.

When I heard that Chelsea was pregnant, I was happy. I was going to be a father. I was going to have a child with the girl I loved. The guilt was still there. I could imagine the type of shock she must have gone through.

I had raped her.

I had used her. I took her trust for granted and since then I haven’t forgiven myself.

When I told my father, he told me to forget about that girl. The way he said it, he said it with so much hatred that it pained me.

He told me to make her hate me and forget about her. He told me that if the word spread that Mr. Manchester  was to have a bastard grandchild, his seventeen year old son was going to be a father, it was going to dent his reputation.

It was going to ruin the family name… it was going to distract me from focusing on acquiring the company in the future. He told me and I was so stupid to believe him and go with his word.

I felt a stab in my heart when I said all those words to Chelsea and I regret it even after telling her all that. I never intended to hurt her that way.

I raped her… I betrayed her… I let her down… I defiled her and she didn’t want it yet… I didn’t respect her decision… I love her.

I always respected the decision she made to remain a virgin. But the desire I had for her was too much to handle. I had to use her that night. I regret every ounce of it.

I am a coward. I treated her like she was trash and didn’t care about the consequences. She ran away… she stopped school… she went through pain and torture… she was heartbroken by the one she loved… her life is never going to be the same.

And it was all because of me.

When I heard that she had lost the baby, my heart literally broke. It was the worst moment of my life. If I was feeling that pain, I wondered what type of pain Chelsea would be going through.

It was all my fault. I was going to keep blaming myself for everything that happened to her, for letting her down… letting us down.

I ruined something good. I used my own hands to destroy the best thing that ever happened to me.

And I regretted it with every breath I took.

Chelsea’s mum had been nice enough to update me on the baby and Chelsea. She didn’t want to do it initially, but she seemed to reason that since I was the father, I deserved to know.

I’m not proud of myself for raping her. I could’ve gotten arrested, for raping a minor, but it wouldn’t make sense because I myself am a minor. I loved Chelsea and I still love her.

She and that baby were the best things that happened to me and I let them slip off my fingers. I should have been there for her. I should have been there with her, telling her how much I care for her… how much she means to me.

But no. I had to be a prick and let her go. I had to be a dick and rape her. I had to be an asshole and be the cause of our baby’s death.

I never even got to say goodbye. I never got to see her. She trusted me and I let her down. I could see the fear and panic in her eyes when she saw me in the restroom. She took out her stress ball, squeezed it while shutting her eyes hard.

She wished I wasn’t real. She wished it wasn’t me. She wished I didn’t exist. She hoped I wasn’t there. She panicked when she saw me and she just had to run to her boyfriend. He doesn’t like to share.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean.

Sometimes, I wish my mum was here. She would have advised me on what to do. She would have told me not to let someone as good as Chelsea go away. It hurts to see and believe that I’m the cause of this part of her. To see I caused this to her…

To believe I ruined her.

We could have had a daughter right now. We should have been happy, but no. I had to take all that away from her… I would have named our daughter Veronica…

After my mother.

Counting down to the last five chapters of my book. It's been really amazing and all the help you guys have been offering. Thank you all so much.

Do check out my most recent book and endeavour to check out my book club.

Stay safe, stay healthy and drop your feedback. Love you all✌❤❤