Chapter 21

Chelsea POV
Walking through the halls of St. Pious Academy with my mum by my side, I don’t know how to say I felt. I guess they weren’t joking when they said I was going to a private school. Luckily, it’s still in Lake City and though far from home.

After the registration, we walk side by side to room 342 in the girls’ dorm. I open the door and the warm smell of Downy hits me. I peep into the kitchen area and see my new roommate. She’s like my height and she has black hair.

“Hey,” I say waving over to her. She jumps back surprised, “oh hi. You must be the new roomie I’ve been expecting. I’m Pauline, Pauline Woods,” she said bringing her hand for a handshake. “I’m Chelsea Carmen,” I said shaking her hand and I took in her features.

She has black eyes, long black hair that she held with a band by the side, and she looked really… peaceful. Maybe Dylan would like her.

My mum kissed my forehead, hugged me and advised me not to forget my agreement with myself and be a good girl. We hugged and she left.

“So, how do you feel being away from home?” she asked me facing what she was cooking while I was unpacking.

“I’m not scared or anything. I’m actually feeling good and I’m kind of happy that I’m staying away from my parents for a while,” I replied.

“Hey, Pauline,” I asked and she turned back to face me.

“Are you someone who always wants her room clean, cuz trust me when I say that I’m not one for clean rooms.” That just got her laughing.

“It’s totally fine Chelsea. I’m the middle child and only girl out of 4 boys so I’m pretty sure I can handle any level of messiness you leave.” Now it’s my turn to laugh.

I can’t imagine having 4 brothers. I already find it difficult to be the only child. “I feel like we are going to be good friends,” I told her. That does it, I’m going to try to keep the room clean, for her sake.

I don’t know why but I keep getting this feeling that the things I’m running away from, would resurface here… again.

➰➰➰➰
“Coffee?” Pauline offered me that morning when I woke up. “Thanks,” I said taking the coffee from her and sipping from the cup.

“I want us to get to know each other more roomie. I heard the best place to know someone, is talking over food. So that got me thinking… we should probably go out and eat. What’s your favorite food?”

“Lasagna,” I replied without wasting time. I mean…

Who doesn’t love lasagna?

She laughed, probably surprised that someone like me would like lasagna. “Lasagna it is. Get ready, we’ll go there during lunch,” she said heading out.

“Where are you going?” I asked her. “Oh. I’m um going to work. I work at the coffee shop in campus.” No wonder she makes great coffee. “Kk,” I replied and she left. I jumped into the shower had had a nice long bath.

I wonder how Dylan is, or where he is. He never told me what college he was going to. Maybe he might have gone to the city’s college. I wore black leggings, a white shirt and a red and black t- shirt that I left open. I sat on my bed and video called Abby and Katy.

“Hey guys,” I greeted once they picked up.

“Hi Chelsea. Is it bad if I said we already miss you?” “No it isn’t bad. I miss you guys too.”

“I still don’t get why you couldn’t come to this school,” Abby said. “Yeah, why did you have to end up in that fancy private school anyways?” Katy asked and I just smiled… a fake smile.

“I’m sorry guys but, those were my parents’ wishes. I guess they don’t want me getting influenced.”

Great. Lie after lie Chelsea. Thumbs up.

“That just sucks. They should know that the kids who are her don’t have fools as parents,” Abby said and I just pitied them. If only they knew the real reason behind all this.

“I’m sorry guys,” I said with a sigh. “If I had my way, I would have come there.” And it was the truth. If I had my ways, I would have attended the public university.

“Anyways, I have a new roommate and she’s super nice. Her name is Pauline and-,” I briefed them on everything about Pauline and they approved of her, without for once thinking she’d steal me away from them.

When Pauline returned, she showed me around the school’s campus and directed me to where we would be eating. Since she didn’t have a car yet, I drove and promised to teach her to drive later.

We ordered our food and she started the conversation. “Tell me about yourself Chelsea,” she said enthusiastically.

“Ok. My name is Chelsea Carmen. I’m 18 years old. I was born on the 18th January years ago. I attended Lake City high school. I was born in New York and I moved here last year. I am majoring in Literature and Economics. I want to be a writer and at the same time, be a business woman. My life is currently, pretty uneventful.”

“Ok. My turn. My name is Pauline woods. I am 17 turning 18 on August 3rd.  I attended the high school owned by this college management. I was born here and I have no intention of living elsewhere. I am majoring in agriculture. I’m not sure what I want to do but I know my degree is going to take me places. My life is very sophisticated as my parents expect nothing but the best from us.”

That sucks. While waiting for our food to come, we kept talking about anything and everything. She also told me she has a boyfriend, Derek from high school and I was going to meet him very soon.

I found joy actually talking to someone who was as free spirited and free minded as Pauline. She looks so peaceful and calm, but once you get to know her she’s a talkative that loves her friends. Most of her friends are here and they actually don’t act like children of rich people.

They act so wild and carefree. I actually like that. Classes start tomorrow and I don’t know whether to say I am nervous or I am happy.

College is stressful, that I know, but I also know that I am ready and up for the challenge.as I was thinking all these things and eating my food, I notice someone very familiar outside through the window. I dropped my spoon in shock and just stared.

And that’s when our eyes met… and he wasn’t alone.

Nicholas Boston
Jacob Lother and
Dylan Sanders.

This is is for now guys. Do me a favour and check out my latest book. It's called SWITCHED and I really hope you guys would like it.

Tell me what you think privately, vote, comment, share and follow. Love you all ❤❤✌