Chapter 23

Previously....
Third person POV
New York City

Chelsea sighed as she opened her locker. Her boyfriend, Ashton, was supposed to come back from basketball camp along with the basketball team. They went for camp last week and he promised her he would be back at school that day.

She wasn't really one to have friends, becsuse anytime she tried, they always left her for one reason or the other.

When she started dating Ashton, people tried to befriend her just to get closer to Ashton. But Chelsea, being ever protective for herself turned them away, not really seeing any purpose they would serve as they didn't befriend her earlier.

Ashton was the dream guy. The rich high school bad boy. His father owned one of the biggest companies in New York. She wondered what Ashton possibly ever saw in her to date her.

He had light brown hair and eyes. He wasn't muscular but he was tall. He had that build of a basketball player. Though he never really aspired to take it up as a career. He was good at it and just took basketball as a hobby. His mom had died when he was 10 and his dad didn't really have the intention of remarrying.

She always had a crush on him, but she never really believed that he could be hers. They were to celebrate their one year anniversary that day, and he promised that he would make it and they would celebrate together.

Chelsea got into her car and drove off to her house. She was upset that he didn't meet her in school as he had promised but she didn't blame him because he didn't have any say on their return from camp.

Chelsea dropped herself down on the bed and replayed moments of her and Ashton. When he asked her out, when they kissed under the stars, when he told her that he loved her...

When he asked her for sex.

She never was ready for it and she never will be. She always heard that it was a painful experience and she didn't want to experience such until she was married.

She loved Ashton but she wasn't ready for it. She made that clear to him and he said he understood and wouldn't do what she wasn't comfortable with.

She smiled at that. She was with someone that cared for her, that respected her decisions, that was patient with her.

As all these thoughts were running in her mind, her phone vibrated. She picked it up and saw a text from Ashton. ‘Sorry Elsie. We got stuck in traffic. I’ll be outside in 10. I’m taking you ta a friend’s party. See it as, a consolation gift.’

Chelsea smiled as she picked a pair of jeans and a t shirt, paired with black trainers, she was ready to go.

She wrote a note to her parents, saying that she would be back before her curfew is broken and that she went out with Ashton. She stuck it on the fridge, grabbed her purse and keys and left.

She met Ashton outside. She alighted from his car and kissed her forehead as he wrapped his hands around her.

“I’m so sorry Elsie. I wanted to meet you earlier but we got stuck in traffic. The crazy New York streets. I really wanted to take you somewhere else except the party and I’m just sorry,” he told her sympathetically.

“It’s fine Ashton. You’re here and that’s what’s important. Though we have to be back before 11 o’clock. That’s my curfew and my parents would kill me if I return later than that.”

“No problem. I promise. Just get in the car let’s go.”

They both got into the car and he started driving. In 15 minutes, they had already arrived. Chelsea admired the decorations. Outside, there was a patio with chairs for entertaining visitors, flowers with vases lined round the building, lights were at every corner of the house and illuminated at night.