Chapter 30

Third person POV
This is the moment.

Dylan knew that at this point, he had to man up and do what he had always wanted. He was going to do it one way or the other and he decide that the best time to do it, was when Chelsea returned and her mind was clear.

He didn’t want her to go and talk to Ashton, but he knew that she had to go because if she didn’t, he would never have this opportunity.

It was now or never.

He left Jacob and Nicholas and drove down to the beach. He wanted to clear his mind and put his life on the right path.

He wanted to continue living, throwing away his shitful past and embrace the future…

The future he saw with Chelsea.

He knew what he had to do, and he knew he had to do it with Chelsea. It was about time things got cleared, erased and forgotten.

You can’t completely leave the past, it’s a part of you that cannot be erased no matter how hard you try.

But luckily, it’s a part of you that you can let go. You can drop it on the journey called life.

Life isn’t easy. But you don’t have a choice but to keep going.

Chelsea had done that, she’s happy.
Ashton hopefully had done that. At least if he has, he’ll be happy.
Dylan hadn’t done that.
He had to…

He needed to.

He visited his father.

One thing he had learnt from Chelsea was that one way to get rid of your problems, was to look the problem in the eye and tell it you don’t need its ass in your way to greatness.

That was what he was going to do…

And he wasn’t going to back down.

He was nervous.
When he sat on the chair, he wanted to leave.
When he saw his father… he wanted to cry.

He didn’t know why he would want to cry for someone who ruined his life. But he wanted to, and that’s what he did.

The man seated in front of him wasn’t his father… he was someone else.

He was broken.

He had very dark bags under his eyes. It was obvious he wanted to die. He was crying… he had been crying. Dylan had a feeling that his dad wasn’t going to stay long. And his feelings were correct when his dad broke the news to him.

“Dad,” Dylan said coldly but the crack in his voice wasn’t hidden.

His father kept quiet. Dylan kept quiet. They both didn’t know what to say to each other. The stared at each other for a long time before his father said the words that Dylan knew was going to come out sooner or later.

“I’m going to commit suicide.”

To say Dylan was surprised was a lie. He knew it. He already saw it coming.

“Why didn’t you do so earlier?” he asked in disbelief because that was the truth. Dylan saw every reason for his dad to commit suicide but he never did.

“That’s a question that I don’t even have the answer to,” he said shrugging.

“I’m sorry for everything that I did to you Dylan. I guess I didn’t see anything worth living anymore when your mums died. I knew I couldn’t take care of you, that’s why I always left you with Ray. I knew he would do a better job as a father than I ever would. I’m going to end my life tonight, but I want to tell you to be your own person. Don’t ever let anyone control you and go for what your heart wants before it’s too late.”

Dylan couldn’t take it anymore.
He ran out.
He ran away from the visiting room and told himself never to return.

He got into his car and cried. He cried because his father was finally doing what would be best for him. He knew he had his friends to be by his side, but as much as he hated that man, he wished things wouldn’t have turned out the way they did. He wished things would have been better.

Crying is a vital aspect in moving on. He had to cry, because when you let go of something or someone that was important to you, it pains. No matter how much you wished that you didn’t have that, it’ll still hurt when you let it go.

He was going to take his dad’s advice. He was going after what his heart wanted before it was too late…

He was going after Chelsea.

“Be ready, 8 pm. Dress normally. I’m taking you out,” he said demandingly to Chelsea when he got to her room.

He didn’t give her time to lecture him as he closed the door and ran off to his car.

This is the day his path was going to straighten.

“I’m gonna do it bro. I can’t wait any longer… I have to,” Dylan told Nicholas on the phone once he got to the place to set everything up.

“Good for you bro. I’ll talk later, I’m currently giving Jacob advice on what girl to pick.” Nicholas said as he ended the call and Dylan chuckled.

He liked the way things had turned out… for everyone. Even though it had to be painful for some but he was happy that he had those that cared about him by his side… ready to fight for him when he needed it.

Chelsea on her own part was scared when Dylan barged into her room like that but she was happy when he told her to get ready. She called her friends immediately because, she honestly didn’t have anything to wear, and she knew she was hopeless if they didn’t come to her aid.

She opened the door, revealing an over excited Abby and Katy. They ignored her presence and dashed into her room, leaving her speechless by the door.

They flung her closet doors open that she was surprised the hinges didn’t go off.

“Where is your make up kit? We need to do your make up, and your hair and make you look perfect. Nothing must go wrong,” she said shaking her vigorously.

“Can you both just calm down for a minute,” Chelsea said when she saw Abby throwing her clothes on the floor.

“No we can’t sis. You have a date in a few hours and you are as helpless as a dog locked in a room,” Abby said, still messing the room up.

“I don’t think wearing a classy dress would be befitting for this occasion. I mean for all I know, we may be going to McDonald’s for burgers,” she said shrugging.

The girls stopped what they were doing for exactly 2 minutes and turned to face Chelsea, looking at her like she had turned into a monkey.

Abby’s eye twitched, and you could see that she was trying to keep herself calm. “Girl put yourself together. We’ve known Dylan longer than you have, and I know him well enough to know that he’s not just taking you to some burger joint… instead I can swear on Katy’s life that he’s taking you to some romantic outing.”

Katy looked at her sister somewhat offended and Abby just shook it off and glared at Chelsea.

“Listen, I appreciate you guys being excited and all but I honestly want to go in a pair of jeans and a shirt. I don’t think anything is wrong with that.”

Katy just sighed and gave her sister the ‘we-are-not-going-anywhere-with-this’ kind of look. Abby understood and looked at Chelsea… smiling.

Even a baby could tell it was fake.

After fake smiling at her best friend for 30 seconds, she sighed knowing she wasn’t going to win and brought out a high-waist jean and a crop top, and handed it over to Chelsea who just looked confused.

“Since that’s what you want, it’s your date and we aren’t going to stop you from wearing what you want,” she said had in the dress over to her.

Chelsea pulled the both of them into a bone crushing hug and went to the bathroom to get ready.

Second to last chapter guys... I'm so excited.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow.  Love you all✌❤❤