Chapter 27

Chelsea POV
This week is the worst in my entire life. What was left for me was to lock myself up and never come out... it was that bad.

Pauline kept asking me what the problem was and I just shrugged it off, telling her not to worry. That bitch of an ex I have has been disturbing me, constantly knocking on the door, sleeping as a result of waiting for me, even a time he flirted with Pauline just to get my number.

It was at that point I knew Pauline was no one to mess with. She told him that she had a boyfriend but he was effortfully trying to get her attention and was painfully dismissed when Pauline kicked him in the area holding the 'man pride'.

I laughed when she told me and said it was good for him and he deserved it and so much more. 

When she asked me what had happened between us, I told her I would tell her after telling my best friends. It's unfair that I've been keeping them out of this. They don't even know what is going on.

I told my mum that Ashton was here and she asked if I would want to go to another school. I rejected it because there was no point going because I already registered and started here. 

Dylan has been super helpful during these times. He always told me that everything is going to be fine, and that I have to respect the fact that what happened has happened and there is nothing I can do about it other than moving on.

Moving on meant forgiving Ashton... I don't know if I'm ready for that. At least not yet. It's Saturday now and I've made up my mind to go talk to my best friends and come clean with everything that's going on.

Dylan agreed with me, telling me it was the right thing to do and scolding me on how I was such a coward and not told them earlier.

I don't blame him for calling me that, I deserve it. I am coward and having Ashton here right now justifies that. For the first time, I am grateful to have Dylan by my side, helping me in any way even if it's not necessary or its not even working.

We've gotten closer because of it. Turns out, he's not as bad as I thought.

I drove off to the city college. As I reached their door, all I could hear was my heartbeat, despite all the sounds and noise around me. I slowly lifted my hand and tapped on the door. I imagined me doing this in slow motion so I could trick my brain into believing this was a movie and my friendship is not at risk right now.

The door opened to reveal an excited Katy who threw herself on me... literally.

"Oh my gosh, Chelsea. I'm super happy you're here. How are you?" I managed to respond, but even I could hear the pain in my voice. "Are you ok girl?" Abby asked. I nodded. I'm pretty sure is sound like a zombie and look like one.

"Have you been sleeping? You don't look so good," Katy asked giving me  cup of water, it's time to cut the crap. Here they are, oblivious to what is going on with their best friend and here I am worrying about the stability of my friendship.

I put down my cup and mentally prepared myself for what was coming up. I didn’t know I was crying until Abby and Katy wrapped themselves round me and gave me a bone crushing hug. “I’m so sorry guys. I’m sorry I did this to you.”

“I have to tell you something. I couldn’t think of a better time to tell you this. Things are so fucking terrible right now. I have been keeping a deep secret from you guys and I’m afraid I might lose you guys. You two are the best things that have happened to me and I don’t want to lose you.”

“Chelsea. Look at me,” Katy started. “Shut the hell up. What you just said now is trash and absolute nonsense. Those words deserve to be collected, burnt and never be put together to form a sentence. We are your best friends, we are here for you. There is no secret you can tell us right now that we would cut ties with you, ok.” She said looking into my teary eyes.

I blinked and sighed. “My ex-boyfriend has returned to haunt my soul,” I started and Abby’s eyes widened. “No no. not like that. I mean, he’s back and he’s torturing me emotionally.”

I continued when they kept quiet. “Ashton Manchester was my boyfriend two years ago, he was the reason I moved into Lake City. We loved each other, we understood each other, and we gave each other everything. I trusted him, I knew he was going to protect me. We had dreams for the future, we had hopes together. One night, he took me to a party and got me drunk. He raped me while I was drunk and got me pregnant. I never knew that he was capable of doing such. He used me and told me to abort the baby. I didn’t do it and he cut ties with me. I lost the baby due to stress and shock. I hate him. I hate him so much that I don’t want anything to do with him. He has come back to my life, asking for forgiveness. He doesn’t leave me alone. He constantly tortures me without even knowing it.”

“Oh Chelsea. Sweet poor baby,” Abby said kissing my hair. “You don’t have to apologize for anything. It’s not your fault that your ex is shit in human skin and he’s such a dweeb and let go of something as amazing as you are. We understand that you didn’t tell us. You are just a pained girl that’s trying to get over her past. It’s ok. Everything would be fine,” she said, drawing patterns on my back soothingly.

I wiped my tears and felt like a huge weight has been lifted from my life. I always held a grudge against myself, but now that I know I have people to help me… I don’t need to worry.

“I have another confession,” I told them when they were done comforting me. Katy looked at me expectantly, silently telling me with her eyes to go on and talk. I sighed and broke the news.

“I like Dylan Sanders.” Looking at my twin best friend as they widened their eyes and squealed in excitement. “I knew it, I knew it. Katy, you own me 50 bucks,” Abby said looking at her sister. “I’m sorry. You guys bet on me?” I asked them in disbelief.

“Duhh. You are like a padlocked book. We couldn’t predict whether you were going to give Dylan a chance,” Abby started. “And now hearing your story, I’m proud that you’ve agreed to move on and find love elsewhere,” Katy said as they pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

I’ve moved on. My best friends are by my side, along with the boy I’ve finally let myself fall for. All those walls have gone down and I have everything I could ever ask for… and I couldn’t be happier.

There you go guys... I'm really sorry for the late update things haven't really been easy but I'll try to be make out more time to update.

Do tell me what you think about this chapter and drop your feedback on mistakes whatever.

I started a graphic studio and if you are interested you can check it out and PME if you like what you see.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow.
Love you all❤✌✌