Chapter 11

Chelsea POV
"Have you seen Dylan today?" Abby asked me at the lunch table. "Yeah I have. During class. That's about it" "oh ok" she replied with a shrug. "Just that? You aren't going to ask how your boyfriend is?" That just got Abby laughing.

"Dylan is not my boyfriend. He never will be. I realise now that players can't just change, so why should I kill myself for something or rather someone that will eventually break my heart. It makes no sense. I leave him and Chelsea together."

I'm about to reply to that when I hear a voice behind me. "Hey babe."

Speak of the devil...

"Don't call me that" I snapped.

"Ohh. Don't pretend now that you don't like it princess. Just because we are in front of your friends doesn't mean you should act this way." He said which just got me mad. I pushed my plate away.

"Thanks a lot. You made me lose my appetite. And I'm not pretending. Just because we are getting marr- fake married" I correct myself before continuing, "doesn't mean you have the right to come to my table, interrupt the conversation I'm having with my friends and call me babe... or princess"

"I'm not going to lie... but the name sounds good" Katy said and I just glared at her. "Even if it does sound good Katy, hearing it from Dylan disgusts me".

Harsh.

He puts his hand on the right hand side of his chest. "That's just plain mean Chelsea and it hurt. I'd be going to my table now". He picked his plate and left. Thank God.

I turn and see Abby and Katy smirking at me. "What? Why are you looking at me that way?" I ask them with food in my mouth. "Nothing" they reply at the same time and I just sigh.

Way to go. My lunch is ruined.

Dylan caught up to me after lunch. "Can we meet in the school garden after school for the project?" he asked me. I wonder why he's asking. "Yeah sure. Like 10 minutes after school. I'd meet you there" and I sped off. Luckily we didn't have the emp- whatever the name is class with Mrs. Duburg anymore.

Isn't it ironic, how after Dylan kissed me, the boo squad just deserted? Probably because the kiss scattered them. The football captain isn't dating the head cheerleader, but she still has her minions following her and he still has his best friends with him.

I'm hearing rumors that Nora is dating someone else... but we'd never know. She seems depressed sometimes and he seems off sometimes when in the same room with her, especially during lunch or the P.E class the whole set has together.

I feel bad for her though. I know if it was me, I'd probably would have committed suicide by now. My parents would be preparing my coffin.

Nora is pretty strong if you ask me. You know how they say that when you are alone, you get to know yourself better. Probably you hate yourself more or you love yourself the more? I've had those kind of moments... a lot if you ask me.

My life is messed up and I try my best not to think about it. That's kind of why I hate being alone so right now... I'm officially closing my mind off the things that's going to make me depressed for like... forever.

I met up with Dylan at the garden after school. I got there to see him sitting on a bench, head low, earpiece in his ears and tapping his feet along with the rhythm. "Hey" I say as I walk up to him. He looks up at me with a smile on his face, removes the earpiece and puts it in his pocket.

"Nice place to choose. It's actually, surprisingly well kept." I said looking around. To be honest, I never really pay attention to the school gardens... or gardens at all. Flowers and I don't go quite well. "Yeah. Scott and Jerry are doing a good job" He replied.

"How do you know their names?""I'm the football team quarterback... they do field, I do the sports. We get along pretty well if you ask me." A bit shocked if you ask me. "Wow. I didn't expect that" I say when we sat down.

"So, what ideas do you have?" I hesitated when he asked me the question.

"Listen Dylan, I want things to go on better between us. I know I am a bit harsh and you are just cocky and annoying and I want to overlook that. I get it that we are going to be in this project together for a while so we have to get along better... as friends."

Friends.
That word is weird coming from my mouth. I never thought I'd ever ask Dylan Sanders to be friends.

"Yeah. Friends with benefits." He said with a wink with just got me laughing. I guess Dylan isn't as bad as I thought.

"Oh, um... it's my birthday Saturday and I'm inviting you." "Oh I'll think about it. Are Abby and Katy going to come too? Cuz even if we are friends, I'm not coming to your house alone" "yeah sure. No problem they can come. But I want you there" "I guess we'll be there then... but on one condition"

He sighed before asking "what now?"

"Promise me that nothing is going to happen between the both of us or you and my friends". I held out my pinkie finger.

He groaned out in frustration which made me smile. "Are you seriously asking me to pinky swear you. I'm not a girl." "Well then, reduce your expected guests minus three." I said turning the other way and folding my hands.

"Fine. Pinky swear" he said bringing out his pinkie finger. I wrapped mine around his. "I'll come and don't worry, wouldn't tell anyone you pinkie swore with a girl" I said with a wink and we both laughed.

"Come on..." I said slapping his arm lightly, "we have a wedding to plan". I said and we both brought out our books to complete our assignments.

I'm making progress, I'm letting Dylan in and I hope I don't regret this.

Tell me what you think privately or comment, vote, share and follow.
Love you all
❤❤✌