Chapter 10

Dylan POV
“I am very happy with what I did guys” I told Nicholas and Jacob on the way to school the next day. “Dude, how many times is she going to make it clear that she doesn’t want you? Maybe you should give Nora another chance… maybe she deserves it” Jacob told me. “Well if you think she deserves it so much… why don’t you go date her?” I snapped back. “Listen bro, it’s pretty obvious to then both of us that you battle with yourself sometimes… like right now”

What are you saying Nicholas.

As if reading my mind, “I'm saying that you still have feelings for Nora and you are just using Chelsea to cover it up. But life doesn’t work that way. You find true happiness when it dwells between the both of you… and if eventually you and Chelsea get together, you’re going to hate yourself cuz she’ll just make your life a living hell”.

He’s right. Damn I hate when he’s right. “What the hell am I supposed to do then?” I ask knowing fully well it’s rhetorical.

“Only your heart knows,” Nicholas said with a pat on my shoulder.

I sigh knowing fully well that what they are saying is true in every way possible. I haven’t forgotten about Nora and I’m still trying to move on especially now with Chelsea but it’s really difficult relating that she doesn’t want it to happen.

I don’t like thinking this much.

Moving on…

At class, it’s officially the first day for Chelsea and I to start our project and well… the second day for the others.

“I’d like you to submit the first and second assignments together the next time we meet. This time around, I want the boys to draft out proposals methods based on what they know on their partner, but no one should ask how they are picturing it…”

I think it’s too late for that.

“And the girls should also write how they want to be proposed to. Compile it and submit during our next class. Oh and don’t show your partner what you’ve written and don’t forget to plan your wedding based on your income in 6 months.”

I look at Chelsea and just see her head buried in her hands. I wonder why she’s always this way… so off and not focused. “Why… why can’t I drop out of this class? Now I have to spend more time with Dylan,” she murmured to herself.

“You know, talking or hanging out with me isn’t as bad as you think Chelsea.”

“Yeah whatever. I want this done with”. She said frustrated. “Why do you always wish to drop out of the class? Why do you keep dismissing the fact that you are spending the rest of this semester with me… on this project?”

“Can you just mind your business when necessary, Dylan”. “You basically are my business as far as we are in this together,” “that’s where you are wrong. The only business you and I have together, is this damned project. Understand?”

When I don’t respond, she just rolls her eyes and mutters something under her breath. Sound like a prayer… she prays a lot.

At practice, I couldn't think straight... let alone do anything properly. Mostly because I couldn't get my mind off one thing...

And that was Nora flirting with some mystery guy that I have never seen before. I don't know why I'm feeling this way...Am I?

Overprotective? Envious? Zealous?
I can't think of the right word.

Jealous... that's it.

Hi, my name is Dylan. And I'm the guy who is officially jealous of his ex when he did the exact same thing right in front of her and even worse.

I think coach noticed my backwardness when he called a time out and approached me.

"Listen son," he started while patting me on the back. "I don't know what you are thinking up there and I really don't want to know. But I need you to put it on hold. As far as you are on the field, you have to put your mind and body to it and not elsewhere, thinking about God knows what. You are the captain for a reason, so man up and take that role"

He said and left while parting my back. He sure is a good father to his kids... if he has any.

I look in the direction Nora was but I don't see her there any more... or the mystery guy.

Sigh. I guess my friends were right.

I need to move on from Nora... and if I can't do that, then I'd just have to live until this feeling leaves me.

I need to talk to someone about this. Nora and I have been dating since freshman year and I really love her... but I only did what I do because I couldn't control my hormones.

What a stupid excuse... even to me.

And then Chelsea just had to be the one that causes all of this.  I like trying new things but I think  this is mother mature getting back at me for being a player.

Or...

Maybe, all the girls I played performed a ritual to get back at and sent me a damsel that I  don't even know whether to choose between like or... love.

In summary, it's just karma.

Getting back at me for being an as hole and a player.

I've been played. And I'm not sure by what. Is it Nora? Chelsea? Or...

Oh no. It's myself. I'm being played by myself.

And there you go guys... an ads hole.

Hey.
I'm Dylan Sanders
The guy who's officially jealous of his ex
Who has a messed up life
Is bring played by himself
Doesn't know what to do about it
Has a messed up life
Has life changing decisions make
And... hates his life.

Did I forgot to say, I have a messed up life.

And this fellas, is why I despise thinking too much.

I look at the other side of the room and see Nora, with her cheerleading squad practicing. Our eyes meet and hold for a like 30 seconds before she looks away.

Again... I messed up big time.

I've never felt this confused in my entire life and I feel so frustrated that I don't know what to do right now. Usually, I'd go have and drink and make out with some random girl and get Nora mad... but now? I don't know what to do anymore. Now I see what they mean when they say life is a roller coaster.

But mine is more like a broken roller coaster... probably just rolled into the sea.

I'm confused.
And...

I miss you Nora.
And I break into tears and leave the gym

This is terrible. I can't believe I'm  doing this to my character. But I feel like it's nice though. A twist that the all round player Dylan Sanders... is crying. He misses Nora. And please before you kill me... I already have everything planned out and I know that you guys would like and probably hate me when the we go further into the book.

This is our journey together.
Let's be patient.

Tell me what you think privately or comment, vote, share and follow.
Love you all
❤❤✌