Chapter 9

Chelsea POV
Here I am at an ice cream shop with my two best friends sitting opposite me, listening to my ordeal with Dylan... again while stuffing our faces with ice cream.

“So, what are you going to do now?” Abby asked me while taking a spoonful of her ice cream.

“Honestly, I don’t know. As of this moment I don’t even know what to think or what to do. Dylan just gets to me every time and it gets me mad. I really don’t think I want to go to school because I can’t face the shame of being there.”

“But it’s not like Dylan is going to tell everyone. I’m pretty sure he’s going to keep it all to himself and keep silent cuz it’s a reputation killer kinda thing,” Katy stated. “Yeah, and I’m pretty sure Dylan doesn’t like his reputation to be killed,” Abby said.

They are right. There is nothing to be scared of. I just wish I never signed into that class and I just went to another. I just wish that sometimes I could turn back time and erase the moment before it all started.

I sighed. “I want to go home guys. I’m done with my ice cream,” I told them, already feeling tired of the conversation. Katy and I waited for Abby to finish up her ice cream. We paid and left for home.

“Bye guys. Thanks for forcing me outta my room and treating me to ice cream,” I said giving them a hug. “No probs girl,” Abby replied. “Yeah, just do us and yourself a favor and show up at school tomorrow,” Katy said in a pitiful way.

I chuckled. They really do care about me. “Yeah. I’ll be at school. Bye guys.” I waved and they drove off. I opened the door of and stepped in yelling, “mum, dad I’m home.” I just said that not really expecting them to reply. I went up to my room and received the shock of my life.

There were cards, apology cards, the room was dimly lit and surprisingly arranged. I looked over to my once messy reading table and saw my laptop partly open. I went to it and the words ‘I’M SORRY’ were boldly written on it. I covered my mouth in shock as Dylan stepped out of my bathroom, mouthing apologies to me.

To say this didn’t touch me is an understatement. It went deep into my heart and pierced my soul. Before it could get in any deeper, I walked up to Dylan and gently started pushing him out of my room. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, and once I got him out of my room, I spilled the beans.

“Listen Dylan, I really appreciate this gesture and apology. It’s really sweet and I really appreciate but, I have already forgiven you and I’m not holding anything against you. But at this point, I want to make it clear to you that me forgiving you doesn’t mean anything. You are still my annoying partner and all I want is to get this done… so thanks for the apologies but you have to go now. Bye,” I said calmly.

He just smirked.

You’ve got to be kidding me.

“Why the hell are you smirking? I’ve just made it clear to you that I’ve forgiven you and told you to leave, you are standing her… smirking?”

“I know you’ve forgiven me, that’s why I am smirking. You obviously can’t stay mad at someone like me. It’s just not possible princess,” he said in an obvious, arrogant tone.

“You are unbelievable. I can’t believe you think so highly of yourself at this moment when you are supposed to be sober and begging me for forgiveness, instead you are just being arrogant and so self-centered. You know, sometimes I wonder what the fuck Nora saw in you,” I said as I shut the door.

I know I crossed the line, talking about his ex in that manner but he shouldn’t have acted all arrogant and care-free about the whole situation. He just gets me frustrated most times and he keeps drawing me into something I’ve promised myself I wouldn’t get into anymore. I’m protecting myself from an emotional and mental breakdown and Dylan can’t and shouldn’t bring back that old Chelsea.

I took out all the cards and threw them in the trash. I opened my laptop and put a password… no way am I letting this happen again. How did he even know where the key was, and most of all… how was he able to lock the door and return the key.

His friends must have helped him. They are like the three musketeers… never to be separated. It explains it all. They’ve gotten their backs. I don’t want to let Dylan in too deep, cuz I know once I do that, there is no going back.

I cleared everything that had to do with Dylan and his apology, dropped myself on my bed and called Abby and Katy and narrated everything that happened.

The doorbell rang and my parents finally came back home. “Did you guys really have to go to work on a Saturday?” I asked embracing them.

“I’m sorry honey, but right now we are dealing with a persistent client,” my dad explained while kissing my forehead.

“It’s fine. I understand. Are you guys hungry, I’m thinking of making some pasta?” I asked them but just turned to see that they had already gone into their room.

‘Pasta it is’, I muttered to myself as I started cooking.

“Hmmm, do I smell pasta?” my mum asked, coming out of their room. “Yep. I’m making pasta,” I replied.

“Are you putting milk in it?” my mum asked.

“Eww. Mum nobody puts milk in pasta. That’s just gross.” “Well just so you know, I put milk in my pasta all the time,” she replied rather confidently.

“Yeah, that’s why dad and I are in charge of pasta cooking in this house,” I said smiling and my mum just rolled her eyes. I chuckled and concentrated on the food.

We finished our dinner peacefully and my mum just had to ask how things were going in school, including whether I have let myself down and gotten a boyfriend.

I left the table not really wanting to talk about it. I don’t know why my mum doesn’t trust me any more… I’m not surprised though.

I don’t even trust myself anymore. I don’t want to keep thinking. I changed into my pjs and laid down. I closed my eyes and prayed for sleep to come already.

I always get the best feeling when I sleep because I don’t think of anything at that moment…

Isn’t it refreshing?

Thanks for 300 reads. Our highest ranking is 75 in project. Thank u guys so much for this.
Tell me what you think privately or comment, vote, share and follow.
Love you all
❤❤✌