Chapter 16

Thanks guys for ranking 47. This wouldn't have reached this far without all of you. I love you all...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Chelsea POV
I have a feeling that this is going to be the best thanksgiving ever!!!

And, I’m god damned happy about it.

Thanksgivings are always the same every year…

I sleep in, having my mum wake me up… every year
I do something devious during every thanksgiving since I was 8
The day ending with… having the best dinner in the world…

That’s right… mama’s thanksgiving dinners.

They are second to none.

Moving on…

The day starts really normal to me.
As usual, I sleep in… dreaming about anything and everything and having the urge to wake up but I’m just too lazy to do so. That’s until Abby, had to come and disturb my life and intrude in my dreams…

Literally…
I saw her in my sleep.

“Yes, Abby. How may I help you?” I ask her, lifting my head up from my pillow and groaning in frustration and thanksgiving laziness.

“Well, your mum suggested that we make cookies, while she goes out to get some things to prepare the dinner,” she replied sitting on top me and hitting me with a pillow… which I’m too lazy to dodge.

“Isn’t it a bit too early for cookies?” I ask her glancing at the clock. “Crap. You didn’t tell me it was way past 12. Thanks for not waking me up” I snapped at Abby.

“You really think I didn’t try? Turns out, waking you up during these kind of holidays, doesn’t please you.”

You think?

“Whatever. Now please get off me so I can go get dressed,” I said to Abby while trying to get off the bed. I groan out of the anger of having to get off my super soft bed every morning… and it’s a holiday.

I get into the bathroom, have a really quick shower, dry my hair in a towel and step out of the bathroom. I looked over to my reading table and remember my ordeal her with Dylan some weeks ago. I laugh at the memory and also frown that I felt that way…

All because of a bitch.

I wear a light blue dress and tie my hair into a messy ponytail… or bun, I can’t really tell.

Don’t judge… I’m super lazy this morning.

I go downstairs, really not expecting to see my mum down. I see Katy. “Hey,” I say to her and she replies. “I really feel like this day is going to be utterly boring. What do you guys suggest we do?” Abby asks biting into an apple.

“Well, ever since I was eight years old, I always do devious things like play pranks on people like my parents, sometimes the neighbors, and just sometimes a few friends and I don’t want it to be different this year.” Abby’s eyes light up as I say this. “I’m in,” she says with enthusiasm and we look at Katy, expecting a positive answer…

But, Katy being a fun sponge had to say no. I'm really not that surprised. “Whatever. But just know that you are missing out on all the fun,” I say looking at her. She just shrugs. “It’s not like I care. And the both of you are doing nothing until the cookies are made.”

Abby and I groan at the same time. “You are lucky I know how to bake, if not, trust me when I say this, this house will burn down… cuz when the two of you are together, things don’t go as planned,” I said with a shudder and walked over to the kitchen.

I bring out all the ingredients needed… and like I said, things don’t go as planned when Abby and Katy are together.

You can guess what happened…

Abby was dancing and singing around the kitchen, and in the process, toppled the bowl with the flour in it over, and Katy in the process of trying to save it, pushed 4 eggs off the kitchen counter… and from then, things began to fall.

The milk, the sugar, salt… and worst of all...

The chocolate chips.

I had to rush for those.

I looked at the mess created after saving my chocolate chips and glanced at the clock. “my mom is going to be back in less than 45 minutes, so we better clean this mess up cuz I don’t want to be regrounded when I regain my freedom today.”

I said in finality and left the kitchen. Hell, they shouldn’t expect me to help them clean this mess, cuz I had no part to play in this…

I’m actually the victim here.

Abby and I rush up to my room after they clean up the kitchen and my mum returns. I grab the phone I have specially for these kind of occasions.

One time, I prank called the police and told them I was in a lions' den at the zoo... and they fell for it.

Best day ever.

"Wait. You have a phone for these kind of stuff?" Abby asked in disbelief. "You really think I want to get caught having fun. I always burn the SIM card afterwards to cover my tracks."

I told her about the police incident and she just bursts into laughter.

"Hello," I said in a high pitched voice. Right now Abby and I called a loner boy in our school. He's rarely noticed and I hear he's desperate for a girlfriend... good luck with that.

"Hello. Who is this?" He asks in a raspy voice.

"Hi. I'm Pamela and I admire you from history class. I really like how smart you are in class and all the good grades you get, can we meet up somewhere?" I asked, still in the fake voice.

"Umm well Pamela, I don't know. I barely even know you and I'm sure you don't know me," he said sounding a little optimistic.

"I know and I would really like to know you better. Like I said, I really admire you and I don't want some other girl to steal you away from me  please consider"

Silence.

"Well since it is thanksgiving. Where can we meet up?" He asks back, sounding happy.

"Behind the bleachers," Abby suddenly says and I look at her in bewilderment.

I could literally hear a squeal... followed by "I'm going to have my first kiss."

"Bye baby. See you behind the bleachers tomorrow... after school. I love you."

And we hung up and burst into laughter.

"That's like the best thing I've ever experienced in my entire life," Abby said in between laughs.

"Yeah, me too. And you just had to say behind the bleachers."

"It was to spice up the moment. Jeez. It was fun anyway," she said with a shrug and I just chuckled. "Let's go and tell Katy.  Let her know what she's missing."

We walk down and nd I'm greeted by my mum, making the vest part of thanksgiving...

Her dinner.

Yep... definitely the best thanksgiving ever. With my mum, dad and my best friends.

What more could I ask for?

Happy Thanksgiving you amazing readers. Though it wasn't thanksgiving when I wrote this and it might not be when you read this... but still accept my greetings. I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter.

Tell me what you think privately or comment, vote, share and follow.
Love you all
❤❤✌